Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Gus Mears said:

Based on previous form, I'm surprised you don't support Real and Barcelona.

Given your apparent perception of me being a middle-class Guardian reader, I'm surprised you haven't claimed I should support Chelsea.

• Paid Members

We're definitely not a Guardian club! 

There was some really interesting polling after the referendum regarding club support/how you voted: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/28/revealed-premier-league-fanbase-favour-brexitand-fans-regret/.

It's unfortunately the real life version of Devon's Remain/Leave thread/ongoing joke. 

1. Chelsea – 61% voted leave, 39% voted remain
  2. Everton – 57% voted leave, 43% voted remain
  3. Tottenham – 57% voted leave, 43% voted remain
  4. West Brom– 56% voted leave, 44% voted remain
  5. Newcastle – 52% voted leave, 48% voted remain
  6. Huddersfield – 52% voted leave, 48% voted remain
  7. Man City – 50% voted leave, 50% voted remain
  8. Crystal Palace – 46% voted leave, 54% voted remain
  9. Swansea City – 42% voted leave, 58% voted remain
  10. Stoke City – 40% voted leave, 60% voted remain
  11. Man United – 38% voted leave, 62% voted remain
  12. Burnley – 37% voted leave, 63% voted remain
  13. West Ham – 37% voted leave, 63% voted remain
  14. Watford – 34% voted leave, 66% voted remain
  15. Arsenal – 34% voted leave, 66% voted remain
  16. Southampton – 31% voted leave, 69% voted remain
  17. Leicester – 29% voted leave, 71% voted remain
  18. Bournemouth – 27% voted leave, 73% voted remain
  19. Liverpool – 23% voted leave, 77% voted remain
  20. Brighton – 19% voted leave, 81% voted remain

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

That's interesting, and for some of those teams not surprising at all! Not sure why Carbomb thought Chelsea fans would be Guardian readers, that's something you're more likely to get with Gooners. Chelsea fans are more likely to be Barry Stanton types, as the above proves. Genuinely surprised the West Ham leave % isn't significantly higher.

The disparity between Arsenal & Spurs and Liverpool & Everton fans is fascinating.

Also further cements just how much I love Brighton as a place. 💗

4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Absolutely bollocks. West Ham are the most Brexit team in the country and everyone knows it. 

Maybe old West 'Am that Alf Garnett followed, but not West Ham London, the shiny new "club of the tax payer" with a South American manager and a crowd funded stadium.

They're up there with Spurs now when it comes to middle-class stench. They even have bicycle racks at the stadium and everything!

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, David said:

Maybe old West 'Am that Alf Garnett followed, but not West Ham London, the shiny new "club of the tax payer" with a South American manager and a crowd funded stadium.

They're up there with Spurs now when it comes to middle-class stench. They even have bicycle racks at the stadium and everything!

You know that the people who supported West Ham for many years were not just replaced when they move to a new ground right?

That said, those figures must be, as Super Bacon said, bollocks because most of the West Ham faithful are now found in places in Essex like Romford and Basildon and they were brexit towns

15 minutes ago, David said:

You clearly haven't been there recently. New stadium, same fans. There are 0% of day trippers at the London Stadium. 

To be fair @Hannibal Scorchthey're all fairly large Spurs towns. To be honest, if I take my "my club is the best" glasses off, I can well believe that Spurs fans did vote that way. We've got some right cunts in our lot. 

Edited by SuperBacon

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You clearly haven't been there recently. New stadium, same fans.

I have been there recently, quite a few times. I'm a day tripper and attend the odd game with West Ham fans I worked with a while back. I've even seen fans in that fucking stadium wearing other Prem clubs shirts, and they weren't in the away end.

There's still an element of the old school West Ham support there, but even that made up about 75% of the Upton Park crowd near the end, so there's no way they're getting the crowds they do today consisting entirely of traditional old school West Ham fans.

Aside from that, many of those types have been banned by the board for crimes ranging from standing after being told to sit down to fighting and invading the pitch.

West Ham London are a different animal to West Ham of a few years back, that's just a fact. It ain't the 80's & 90's anymore.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

That's interesting, and for some of those teams not surprising at all! Not sure why Carbomb thought Chelsea fans would be Guardian readers, that's something you're more likely to get with Gooners. Chelsea fans are more likely to be Barry Stanton types, as the above proves. Genuinely surprised the West Ham leave % isn't significantly higher.

The disparity between Arsenal & Spurs and Liverpool & Everton fans is fascinating.

Also further cements just how much I love Brighton as a place. 💗

I didn't, but I couldn't think of a better way to get a call-back shot in at Gus for the Real jab - he hasn't left himself as open to running ribs as I have myself (I don't think anyone has, to be fair). Modern Chelsea fans are probably more likely to middle-class than Gooners, though, I reckon. 

40 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Well I can tell you that they must dredge up the worst of the worst when we visit then.

But then to be fair, it is their cup final. 

Yeah, I'm sure that element still exists without a doubt (most clubs have them to be fair), but the days of West Ham being the ICF-esque hooligans are long gone. Most of the younger generation are just like fans of most other clubs.

41 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I didn't, but I couldn't think of a better way to get a call-back shot in at Gus for the Real jab - he hasn't left himself as open to running ribs as I have myself 

He is socially a Brighton fan, but fiscally a Chelsea fan.