Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

That Palace-Arsenal game was great, both teams doing their best to win it at the end, but full credit to Palace, thoroughly deserved that point. Few observations:

I genuinely don't think I've ever disliked a player as much as Granit Xhaka. He is absolutely dog shit. I don't want to be biased, and all ARSENAL PLAYERS ARE SHITLOLZ but he is so overrated it's unreal. How has he got the captaincy? Am I missing something? Dog shit. And he's fucking ugly.

Lichtsteiner. Such an old school shithouse taking out Zaha multiple times. The sort of player I'd love to have signed, so I naturally hate him. Good signing for the Arse.

Arsenal are doing well. Are they playing well? I dunno as that's probably the first time I've seen them since the first 2 games. Their winning streak seems less impressive when you figure who they've played, and there's some proper tests coming up but they'll be top 4, of that I have no doubt.

Palace should be alright. But that's only because there are far worse teams in the league but they did well today. 

Only downside was my stream having Peter Drury AND Andy Townsend...

• Paid Members

Really good Chelsea performance today, even with Hazard missing. Some high quality goals and I appear to have been utterly wrong on Barkley. Love watching his movement off the ball and it's a testament to how good he's been that Kovacic has been benched.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Arsenal have barely played anyone good yet. We used to see these runs of form regularly with Wenger.

Not in the later years though. Apart from the run we went on just after we signed Ozil we haven't had a run like this for ages.

Quite a few of the fixtures we've won during this run would've resulted in dropped points in previous seasons, but at the same time we haven't had any major tests. We'll really see what this team is made of when we play Liverpool soon.

So far so good though for Emery. The team seem to be more tactically coached and he's often in the technical area giving instructions. The performances against West Ham, Fulham and Leicester (especially in the 2nd half) really stood out and showed what we are capable of. It's still very much a work in progress but the run will have done the team the world of good.

I think we'll be battling over 4th place with Spurs and United come May, with the other three breaking away soon.

• Paid Members

Absolutely devastating news. I live in Leicester and quite frequently go to the games.. the treatment the fans got under his ownership is unreal. Free drinks and goodies on special occasions is unheard of at the big clubs.

I was there when City lifted the title.. and the visual of the owner and his family doing a lap of honour with him hoisting the trophy over his head will forever be iconic.

• Paid Members

Horrendous news about Leicester City's chairman. By all accounts he was a thoroughly decent chap and the polar opposite of the Mike Ashley sort of owners. I'm sure it's but a small consolation now but he's surely etched his name into the annuals of that city forever. RIP to all involved in that horrible tragedy.

On the football side of things though, today was pretty marvelous. Celtic pumped Hearts, Barcelona pumped Real (it could well have been 6 or 7) and then to top it all off the Dons gave the zombies a brutal taste of reality. I watched all 3 games back to back and it was wonderful. (I'm a Celtic fan)..

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

• Paid Members

Really terrible news. Four other people have supposedly died with him too. Hopefully the Premier League spend the next round of fixtures doing some sort of tribute to them. Obviously my only connection with him is being part of that great season where a shithouse team like Leicester City won the Premier League - which still doesn't seem real.

On more positive news, the fall of Real Madrid, this season, is wonderful entertainment. Particularly considering how they handled the appointment of their new manager, which effectively buggered up the national team at the World Cup.
Thing is, I don't think Barcelona were even that good, but Real Madrid are a mess. Benzema should have had at least a couple yesterday, but hitting the target (never mind scoring) just isn't a skill he seems to have, these days.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

On the football side of things though, today was pretty marvelous. Celtic pumped Hearts, Barcelona pumped Real (it could well have been 6 or 7) and then to top it all off the Dons gave the zombies a brutal taste of reality. I watched all 3 games back to back and it was wonderful. (I'm a Celtic fan)..

My hangover is only starting to subside now. Turning them over in Glasgow is always hugely satisfying.