Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

Thing with the United fans that defend him I think is mostly through desperation. 

City have improved massively since Pep arrived, and Liverpool since Klopp.

Those fans desperately want/need Mourinho to work out as no-one has met the standard set by Ferguson.  It's a bit like Brexiteers in that they want it to work out so much, they'll blame anything BUT Jose cause that would mean admitting they were wrong about him when they hyped his appointment.  United aren't a bad team...World Class Keeper, decent defense, strong midfield and forwards that can be absolutely terrifying.  Videos like the above and how he handles players and press conferences just shows he's toxic for United.

• Paid Members

I'm just amazed how he's got so many talented players looking like Brian McClair at Motherwell. Mourinho is past it. The game has passed him by rapidly. He's conned people into thinking he's got a shit squad, but apart from the defense (who he spent loads on), is it really a bad Man United side? De Gea's the best keeper going. Matic is quality. Pogba won the fucking world cup. Fred looks a raw talent. Alexis was the best player in the Premiership 2 years ago. Rashford and Martial are excellent young talents. Lukaku was the biggest mouth in a side which included De Bruyne and Hazard at the World Cup. How is this side so shite?

This article doesn't really say anything groundbreaking about the hilarious antics at Manchester United.  It does have a wonderful quote from Berba, though.

“Football should be about what happens on the pitch, not who has the biggest dick,”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/sep/27/manchester-united-jose-mourinho-paul-pogba-alex-ferguson

• Paid Members

I'm in a somewhat bad place, I travel a lot for work now and travel with my Sergeant, he's a 50 plus Liverpool fan who adores Talksport. He gets dibs on radio use in the van. I feel like I'm a Plasterer's apprentice smetimes.

What gets me, especially with Brazil in the morning with his range of numpties like Dean Saunders, is the "It wouldn't happen in my day" argument.

With regards the whole Mourinho/Pogba battle, there's a lot of press going at Pogba, and the 'not in my day' crowd are in full effect, with player/agent power ruining the game.

What they all seem to forget in this instance is the sacking of Clough from Leeds after a player vote of no confidence and the players pretty much not playing 100% for him.

• Paid Members

Germany are going to host Euro 2024, 18 years after hosting their last one. Quite a few others have had two major tournaments within 20 years.. Has there been any narrative as to why England haven't had anything since 1996.. and won't do before 2024? Stadiums are there.. travel is suitable.. fans are no worse than the likes of Ukraine.. it's odd

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Murtz said:

Germany are going to host Euro 2024, 18 years after hosting their last one. 

They last hosted the Euros in 1988, you're getting it mixed up with the World Cup.

England aren't hosting it because, simply, they didn't bid for it- and haven't done so since 1996. They want a World Cup instead. The next Euros will be a little bit of a home tournament though, with some group stage games, both semi finals and the final taking place at Wembley.

European nations are only eligible to bid to host a World Cup every so many years, as FIFA rotate the tournament between confederations. England bid for the last two that took place in Europe but lost out to Germany and Russia. I think there's a good chance they'll get 2030 though, it's likely to be either England or a joint bid from Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay as it stands. Whoever loses might get the one after that.

Edited by PunkStep

1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

I'm in a somewhat bad place, I travel a lot for work now and travel with my Sergeant, he's a 50 plus Liverpool fan who adores Talksport. He gets dibs on radio use in the van. I feel like I'm a Plasterer's apprentice smetimes.

What gets me, especially with Brazil in the morning with his range of numpties like Dean Saunders, is the "It wouldn't happen in my day" argument.

With regards the whole Mourinho/Pogba battle, there's a lot of press going at Pogba, and the 'not in my day' crowd are in full effect, with player/agent power ruining the game.

What they all seem to forget in this instance is the sacking of Clough from Leeds after a player vote of no confidence and the players pretty much not playing 100% for him.

If you're lucky you might get Max Rushden filling in for Jim White. Him and Barry Glendenning are really good and this really out of place on there. Hawksbee and Jacobs are good too. The rest is just Sky Sports wank whilst they try and sell you vans and tools.

I'm convinced most of the hate from the old boys for Pogba is because he has funny haircuts. Most of that lot were all serial drinkers and gamblers, probably still are if their brags are anything to go by so them spouting about professionalism is hilarious.