PowerButchi

Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

It doesn't really matter who they play up there at the moment. They've tried all the combinations. If the manager won't let them play to their strengths then it's going to be the same outcome almost all the time.

At least you fancy Martial to pinch a goal here and there.

Sanchez will always get the nod though. It's like WCW back in the day. His silly big contract will always ensure he is a featured act no matter how rubbish he is. Sanchez is on that Hogan bread.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Fucking Spurs, just came so close to the biggest Spursing-up for ages. The shite defending for the disallowed goal was bad enough but no way should that last sixty seconds have been as tense as they were. It's a scathing indictment of the team's propensity to wobble that a 2 goal lead on 85 still doesn't feel safe. There's some good stuff going forward but this win has to be followed up with three more points against Huddersfield or it's just papering over the cracks.

Three wins in a row! Have I died and gone back to 1992? I honestly thought Farke was for the chop after we lost to Leeds and I thought some of the signings we'd made in the summer weren't going to cut it. Teemu Pukki is an absolute revelation, and several of the team who struggled last year have really turned the corner recently. Still early days and I don't want to get carried away, but it's hard not to when you've finally found a system that works, we've stopped leaking goals at the back and we're actually finding the net up front. Lovely. 

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

United are a really shite team. It'd be hilarious if it wasnt so depressing

It isn't depressing and yes, it's hilarious.

1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

At least you fancy Martial to pinch a goal here and there.

Sanchez will always get the nod though. It's like WCW back in the day. His silly big contract will always ensure he is a featured act no matter how rubbish he is. Sanchez is on that Hogan bread.

I will never not love a wrestling reference regarding football.

Edit - While I'm here, that was lovely, comfortable stuff from Liverpool today, I hope VVD's injury won't keep him out next week for Chelsea (in the league) - although judging by Matip and Gomez together today its not as scary losing him as it once may have been.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Fucking Spurs, just came so close to the biggest Spursing-up for ages. The shite defending for the disallowed goal was bad enough but no way should that last sixty seconds have been as tense as they were. It's a scathing indictment of the team's propensity to wobble that a 2 goal lead on 85 still doesn't feel safe. There's some good stuff going forward but this win has to be followed up with three more points against Huddersfield or it's just papering over the cracks.

You fucking love it, like the rest of us. Imagine supporting a boring, shit team...

9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You fucking love it, like the rest of us. Imagine supporting a boring, shit team...

I describe the roller coaster to others as "I've seen them score four goals and still lose, I've seen them concede four goals and still win, I've seen them beat Milan in the San Siro then get stuffed by Blackpool in the next game." You just never fucking know.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:55 PM, PunkStep said:

Yeah at least with Souey you can imagine there is something in life he enjoys. Not so much with Roy Keane, other than ending other footballers' careers.

Souness nearly be-legged (is that a word?) a few players up here in Scotland when he managed Rangers. Didn't he stud somebody in the balls to get sent off in his FIRST MATCH as player-manager? Did they same to a Steau Bucherest player too. Nutso.

Here's the Bucherest one.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Fucking disgusting how he was caught on the back of his leg in that clip. Poor Souey. Probably my favourite player that I never got to watch live.

Anyone see Lacazette's interview after the match, where he said "we're happy with the clean sheet" and Jeff Shreeves pipes in saying "steady on, careful with the language please." Did Shreeves honestly think that Lacazette would take that opportunity to tell the world he'd had a clean shit before the interview?

That was one of the most awful and cringeworthy football interviews I've seen. Shreeves is such a fucking dried-up dunce. I wish Ivanovic had him taken out after the Champions League semi-final interview years ago.

I thought he told Laca off for saying 'a lot of balls' (even if it was actually used in a different context), but in each possible scenario he's still a buffoon.

It was apparently the 'balls' comment. That whole interview was nonsense. Defoe actually asked some pertinent questions, but it was so awkward. Just interview them. I don't need to see players be shown their goals whilst they awkwardly stand at a weird angle.

Shreeves is pony. Thinks he's something more than he is. Type of guy who probably demands you call him 'Shreevsey' for the bants.

On 9/22/2018 at 7:42 PM, air_raid said:

Me and the guy from the Turkish off licence on the corner often discuss Spurs. Last season, he was telling me that he didn't think Poch - while acknowledging the fact that he's brought us on hell of a lot - was the man to bring us silverware. I more or less dismissed him, although I had already at that point been wondering about his abilities to change games late on. That isn't just from a, "who can we bring on to change this?" perspective but more that, as manager, from the 60 or 70 or 80 minute mark, he needs to be in there getting the right instructions to the players. In any situation. If we're in front by two goals with 10 to play, it's up to the manager to give the team the impetus to finish the job. Likewise, if we find ourselves a goal behind with not long left. Plus, I've never been a fan of his substitutions. They often seem to be too little too late.

By no means am I saying I would want Poch gone but, given his relative youth as a manager in a top division, he still has things he needs to learn or adjust.

The evidence of the season so far leads me to stick by my earlier prediction that maintaining a top four position is imperative beyond anything else. If we don't win the FA Cup or whatever, and that causes some of our players to want out, fine. But from a purely football business standpoint, we need to be playing Champions League football in the new stadium (assuming we ever move in,).

I wish I was a fly on the wall during contract negotiations between Poch and Levy after Poch said the club needed to take chances. Surely he didn't mean the chance of spending zero during the window and risking our top four spot?

13 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Me and the guy from the Turkish off licence on the corner often discuss Spurs. 

Your corner, or the corner of White Hart Lane/Bill Nicholson Way? Dont tell me I'm addressing a regular of Tottenham Best Kebab! ... wonder if they have vegan options yet.

16 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

The evidence of the season so far leads me to stick by my earlier prediction that maintaining a top four position is imperative beyond anything else. 

That's a given since its another transitional year moving - eventually? hopefully? - into the new gaffe and getting used to it, 4th would be fucking brilliant for now. Champions League football is a must to retain certain players come summer and maybe attract some, one day. Balague was scathing about us the other day ;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45589555

"a top-four finish will be nothing less than a miracle" - cheers mate.

21 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I wish I was a fly on the wall during contract negotiations between Poch and Levy after Poch said the club needed to take chances. Surely he didn't mean the chance of spending zero during the window and risking our top four spot?

I assumed during the wait it was 100% to do with the wage structure re : Alderweireld I.e. you can't expect him to challenge for a title if he doesn't have the ability to pay his best players what they're worth to keep them. But these months later, Pochi's signed and Toby hasn't so......