Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Just home from Oakwell, where the match was called off after a club volunteer had a heart attack on the pitch as the players came on. The kick-off was originally delayed whilst the medical staff of both teams worked on him, and we ended up with the Yorkshire air ambulance landing on the pitch to whisk him away to hospital. It was eventually(rightly) decided to postpone the match until a later date. 

It really puts things like football into perspective. I have met the bloke and his family numerous times and they were lovely people. It was fairly harrowing to see his family on the pitch clearly distressed and dare I say almost grieving. 

• Paid Members

United are a really shite team. It'd be hilarious if it wasnt so depressing. They just dont create chances. Dont get men in the box. Dont particularly pass the ball well. Dont press the opposition. Makes you wonder what the managers game plan is, outside of having a dated approach and not knowing any other way to get through games.

• Paid Members

Pogba's assist briefly took my mind off just how mind-numbingly dull it was. I fell asleep during the second half. Fair to say I won't be tuning in on Tuesday night. Can't afford to fall asleep then, I have work.

• Paid Members

How we didn't win that against United has me conflicted, SO happy at the result, but a bit gutted we hadn't seen them off early doors. Christ if we had a number 9 with shooting boots we'd be competing for Europe.

I have to say I agree with Martial, he's a starter for me, and I'd be playing 343 with Martial-Lukaku-Rashford up top, that's a ready made front three to at least compete with City and Liverpool's.

Edited by Teedy Kay

• Paid Members

It doesn't really matter who they play up there at the moment. They've tried all the combinations. If the manager won't let them play to their strengths then it's going to be the same outcome almost all the time.

• Paid Members

At least you fancy Martial to pinch a goal here and there.

Sanchez will always get the nod though. It's like WCW back in the day. His silly big contract will always ensure he is a featured act no matter how rubbish he is. Sanchez is on that Hogan bread.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Fucking Spurs, just came so close to the biggest Spursing-up for ages. The shite defending for the disallowed goal was bad enough but no way should that last sixty seconds have been as tense as they were. It's a scathing indictment of the team's propensity to wobble that a 2 goal lead on 85 still doesn't feel safe. There's some good stuff going forward but this win has to be followed up with three more points against Huddersfield or it's just papering over the cracks.

• Paid Members

Three wins in a row! Have I died and gone back to 1992? I honestly thought Farke was for the chop after we lost to Leeds and I thought some of the signings we'd made in the summer weren't going to cut it. Teemu Pukki is an absolute revelation, and several of the team who struggled last year have really turned the corner recently. Still early days and I don't want to get carried away, but it's hard not to when you've finally found a system that works, we've stopped leaking goals at the back and we're actually finding the net up front. Lovely. 

1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

At least you fancy Martial to pinch a goal here and there.

Sanchez will always get the nod though. It's like WCW back in the day. His silly big contract will always ensure he is a featured act no matter how rubbish he is. Sanchez is on that Hogan bread.

I will never not love a wrestling reference regarding football.

Edit - While I'm here, that was lovely, comfortable stuff from Liverpool today, I hope VVD's injury won't keep him out next week for Chelsea (in the league) - although judging by Matip and Gomez together today its not as scary losing him as it once may have been.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Fucking Spurs, just came so close to the biggest Spursing-up for ages. The shite defending for the disallowed goal was bad enough but no way should that last sixty seconds have been as tense as they were. It's a scathing indictment of the team's propensity to wobble that a 2 goal lead on 85 still doesn't feel safe. There's some good stuff going forward but this win has to be followed up with three more points against Huddersfield or it's just papering over the cracks.

You fucking love it, like the rest of us. Imagine supporting a boring, shit team...

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You fucking love it, like the rest of us. Imagine supporting a boring, shit team...

I describe the roller coaster to others as "I've seen them score four goals and still lose, I've seen them concede four goals and still win, I've seen them beat Milan in the San Siro then get stuffed by Blackpool in the next game." You just never fucking know.