Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

4 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

I get genuinely angry whenever I have to hear Danny Murphy, Phil Neville or Chris Sutton on anything.

Sutton's whole schtick is to get under people's skin though, he intentionally sets out to annoy people with his over the top views. It's like a gimmick he has, he's been doing it in Scotland for a while now, on BT Sports and so on.

It's best just to ignore him.

2 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

It’s so painfully cringe worthy when on Soccer Saturday you have them all bellowing out “he’s hit the beans”  “DESMOND” still watch it though as it’s an easy watch to follow your bets. 

This is kind of what I mean about Sutton, it seems that we don't get regular pundits or presenters anymore, everyone has some sort on angle or gimmick that they're pushing.

I blame that prick Kamara for it to be honest, he was one of the first to become a "character" with his catchphrases and his shitty little moustache.

• Paid Members

Jeff Stelling's really good. He knows his stuff, he's a great presenter and it's just a shame he's saddled with at least three complete idiots weighing him down. Le Tissier is alright but they need to find someone else to replace the other three.

I was watching that BT goals thing last nightr with James Richardson for a bit and it's easily the best thing I've seen from them. A really good idea with pundits who actually know their stuff. In comparison to Sky's similar stuff, it's streets ahead.

I've long wondered why James Richardson has never been picked up by Sky, or given a role to play in the presentation of English football, as he's a class act.

He went quite a while doing sod all during the break between Channel 4's coverage of Italian football and eventually showing up on Setanta/BT Sports, didn't he?

Just now, TildeGuy~! said:

He was doing The Champions League coverage on BT Sports on Tuesday

Yeah, he's doing quite well with BT now, but for quite a while he wasn't on any screens at all, or was doing some obscure European football show on Setanta. I'd have thought that someone of his quality would have been a prime candidate for something on the BBC or Sky Sports, especially when you see some of the dross they have had presenting over the years.

3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Jeff Stelling's really good. He knows his stuff, he's a great presenter and it's just a shame he's saddled with at least three complete idiots weighing him down. Le Tissier is alright but they need to find someone else to replace the other three.

I was watching that BT goals thing last nightr with James Richardson for a bit and it's easily the best thing I've seen from them. A really good idea with pundits who actually know their stuff. In comparison to Sky's similar stuff, it's streets ahead.

Did you not used to watch The European Football Show on BT? That was right up your street.

I'm a bit in love with Julien Laurens...

22 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Did you not used to watch The European Football Show on BT? That was right up your street.

I'm a bit in love with Julien Laurens...

Horncastle's voice for me. Like melting butter. 

The missus doesn't like looking at him but loves listening to him. 

I always like when Laurens and Horncastle have Raphael Honigstein with them. They have very good chemistry as a group of pundits and bounce off each other very well. 

There is quite a few podcasts knocking about with one or more of them acting as pundits but if it interests I can highly recommend Golazzo with Richardson, Horncastle and Gabriele Marcotti as being very good on Italian football.