PowerButchi

Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

3 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

You found a South park gif site today?

giphy.gif

Hopefully WBA can get the win vs QPR Tomorrow, Keeping Jay Rodriguez could prove to be a damn good bit of business  , 

Kane scores in August now so you best prepare your anuses.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

22 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Hopefully WBA can get the win vs QPR Tomorrow

Was close, didn't think you were going to hang on for it.

I'm not sure what to make of Arsenal under Unai just yet. They were outclassed by a City side that barely looked to get out of first gear, but that's City. City are this league's best team by a long shot. Then for most of the first half today, I thought Arsenal looked like a team who'd never played football together before. All over the place and Cech and his defense clearly aren't yet well drilled in playing out from the back. When they went two down, I thought that they'd go on to a battering. But to be fair, while they still lost, it didn't end up as embarrassing as it could have been.

I really want to see them against a non top six side. I think that'll be a better barometer of how much Emery had been able to instill his philosophy and tactics into the team.

1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I'm not sure what to make of Arsenal under Unai just yet. They were outclassed by a City side that barely looked to get out of first gear, but that's City. City are this league's best team by a long shot. Then for most of the first half today, I thought Arsenal looked like a team who'd never played football together before. All over the place and Cech and his defense clearly aren't yet well drilled in playing out from the back. When they went two down, I thought that they'd go on to a battering. But to be fair, while they still lost, it didn't end up as embarrassing as it could have been.

So. Basically Arsenal, then.

Emery will have a rough first season before realising that the league is actually a lot easier if you just equip yourself physically and play a bit more direct. And shoot Xhaka  in to space and replace him with someone like him but much much better. 

52 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Emery will have a rough first season before realising that the league is actually a lot easier if you just equip yourself physically and play a bit more direct. 

zsRjBJ8.gif?noredirect

All you've been hearing on BBC Breakfast last week is about that Man City documentary on Amazon Prime. Premiere last Friday ya know.

It'll be an interesting season for Chelsea if nothing else if that's the type of football we play, because the defending was as loose as anything I've seen since the halcyon days of Andre Vilas-Boas. 

I'll never be convinced that David Luiz is capable of playing in a back two without some catastrophic brain melt at least once every 180 minutes and the entire midfield seemed to disappear every time they needed to track players into the box.

Despite this, very entertaining game and watching Jorginho pull the strings when we are attacking is sublime. Seeing how Kovavic and Hazard play off eachother when both fully fit is something I await with anticipation.

Edited by Gus Mears

Luiz can play as part of a back two...IF he has a world class CB alongside him to counteract his mad shit. Him and Thiago Silva were brilliant at the 2014 World Cup, then you saw a massive difference when Silva missed the Germany game.

I bet there was a Spider-Man meme moment when him and Guendouzi were on the pitch together yesterday.

The Man City documentary looks fascinating, I'd love to see more behinds the scenes kind of stuff like this and the great Graham Taylor doc from the 90s.

22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Luiz can play as part of a back two...IF he has a world class CB alongside him to counteract his mad shit. 

Problem I have with it in this system is that I don't think Tony Rudiger is that guy. I would say the only bloke who could cover him is Azpilicueta, but you'd end up compromising so much attack on the right if you constantly have him shadowing Luiz as he lumbers around the half way line. He did play that role a few years ago when coveting Terry on the left, but a very different style of play.

I at least think our players fit Sarri's system better than Arsenal's do Emery's. I'm really not sure Cech in particular is cut out of intricate passing around the penalty area.

Trying to turn a fifty year old Petr Cech into a modern day Rene Higuita is giving me kittens. He's still making some superb saves, but that's only part of a keeper's game, especially given what Emery wants from a keeper. I'm sure he's played him as a safe bet rather than throwing Leno straight into two extremely difficult games, and I expect he'll rotate against Jazz Mag FC next weekend.