Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

14 hours ago, PunkStep said:

The Man City documentary looks fascinating, I'd love to see more behinds the scenes kind of stuff like this and the great Graham Taylor doc from the 90s.

Netflix are releasing a similar documentary series on us in October (produced by Fulwell 73), showing behind the scenes of our disastrous season last year. It was meant to have aired by now but they went back and recorded more footage when our takeover happened. They had the cameras at every game last season and even mic’ed up this crazy old bloke a few rows down from me.

It must be good viewing as our owner Stewart Donald said it’s already been commissioned for a second season. It’ll take something to top our Premier Passions series though.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

It's clear the United board have an eye on the future. Why not? The players, apparently, don't like Jose and he usually fuck off.

I'm delighted the club has retained all their prospects this summer.

To add, this United team are doing piss all. Most United fans were fairly down on this season because Jose, but the lack of proper signings has made this a bit of a write off. I just do hope the board have an eye on some other manager, rather than the other option of Woodward spending too long on holiday and leaving it too late to get a proper defender, which Jose insinuated.

Staggering the amount of United fans backing and supporting Mourinho because "he needs time, like Ferguson had". This is what it's always going to be like now. Because we had one long-running manager, every manager needs years to get it right.

Like Mourinho hasn't spent hundreds of millions of pounds on players he mostly hates, spent half his time moaning about said players instead of backing them in public, had five international centre backs on the books but didn't think to move any of them on to make room for one or two more, deliberately picked players out of position to make a point because that's more important than winning games, refused to back the excellent depth of young talent at the club unless they're yet another defensive midfield player, played a brand of football that is as pitifully uninteresting as it is ineffective and over-the-hill and generally made everyone associated with the club, himself included, thoroughly miserable and having absolutely no belief that this will be a good season.

He's had his time in more ways than one. How can you back this turd?

• Paid Members

Not to mention that a big part of Ferguson's early years were spent overhauling the club and team's culture, not just building the squad. Moyes, Van Gaal, and Mourinho haven't needed to do any of that. Any new manager coming in is joining a club with a good, established system, and disciplined players, not Whiteside and Strachan showing up hungover for training.

9 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

Netflix are releasing a similar documentary series on us in October (produced by Fulwell 73), showing behind the scenes of our disastrous season last year. It was meant to have aired by now but they went back and recorded more footage when our takeover happened. They had the cameras at every game last season and even mic’ed up this crazy old bloke a few rows down from me.

It must be good viewing as our owner Stewart Donald said it’s already been commissioned for a second season. It’ll take something to top our Premier Passions series though.

The QPR doc the BBC did a few years ago was really good and neutral. The Man City one is PR propaganda, as was the doc Juve did on Netflix. The Liverpool doc a few years back was PR propaganda too, but Brendan Rodgers complete lack of self awareness made it an excellent watch (the giant painting of himself in his own house, driving around in his bat mobile like car, the god awful Brent-esque team motivation speeches etc)

The Sunderland doc should be great too, as there is not really a way to spin what happened in a positive light!

On 8/12/2018 at 11:52 AM, Cod Eye said:

Cod Eye's Post

You'd think we got battered on Saturday judging by some of the reaction.

Whilst we're on the subject of Barnsley, we've now entered the 21st Century by providing Sanitory Products in the ladies toilets. We advertised it on twitter by talking about PERIOD PRODUCTS in capital letters, but you cant have everything.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Can this be moved to the Chippy Tea thread?

• Paid Members

Martial is wasted on Mourinho. I wish we'd been able to do a deal with United for Toby + cash for Martial. Now, Mourinho is going to leave United and a manager that actually realises how fucking good Martial is and is going to be is going to come in and never let him go.

• Paid Members

At least Mourinho hasn't performed his Chelsea mk.2 trick of selling a bunch of players who would now fetch £150 million+ quid each. I know we are only two years removed from him picking up a couple of trophies, but he's communion wafer stale. Same grievances, same plodding playing style, same excuses. 

I'm not sure where he would get a job next at the top table. Perhaps a return to Italy for the right role, but I'm not sure what that would be. I don't think any of the Champions League contenders would be especially bothered apart from PSG. 

• Paid Members

Oh god that would be brilliant. Imagine the looks on the faces of Mbappe, Neymar and Cavani if he went there. He'd ruin them. I fucking hate PSG. It would be amazing.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

Sloppy performance, that. Sloppy with the ball at our feets any time we managed to get in Palace's final third. If Trent's delivery was a bit more precise we could've finished it off in the first half in truth with the amount of space opening up on the right hand side. Alisson had a great game. Some good saves and his distribution looks excellent. VVD is arguably our singular most important player. Our front three bounce off of one another so well, yet I fear without Virgil's presence our entire defense loses their shape and solidity. He's so composed. Hopeful that Fabinho starts the next game, we needed his assuredness when Palace was giving us some trouble.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Max Power said:

Whilst we're on the subject of Barnsley, we've now entered the 21st Century by providing Sanitory Products in the ladies toilets. We advertised it on twitter by talking about PERIOD PRODUCTS in capital letters, but you cant have everything.

Classic Barnsley fans mate. We must have one of the most fickle fan bases in the county!