Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

Emery will have a rough first season before realising that the league is actually a lot easier if you just equip yourself physically and play a bit more direct. And shoot Xhaka  in to space and replace him with someone like him but much much better. 

• Paid Members

It'll be an interesting season for Chelsea if nothing else if that's the type of football we play, because the defending was as loose as anything I've seen since the halcyon days of Andre Vilas-Boas. 

I'll never be convinced that David Luiz is capable of playing in a back two without some catastrophic brain melt at least once every 180 minutes and the entire midfield seemed to disappear every time they needed to track players into the box.

Despite this, very entertaining game and watching Jorginho pull the strings when we are attacking is sublime. Seeing how Kovavic and Hazard play off eachother when both fully fit is something I await with anticipation.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Luiz can play as part of a back two...IF he has a world class CB alongside him to counteract his mad shit. Him and Thiago Silva were brilliant at the 2014 World Cup, then you saw a massive difference when Silva missed the Germany game.

I bet there was a Spider-Man meme moment when him and Guendouzi were on the pitch together yesterday.

The Man City documentary looks fascinating, I'd love to see more behinds the scenes kind of stuff like this and the great Graham Taylor doc from the 90s.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Luiz can play as part of a back two...IF he has a world class CB alongside him to counteract his mad shit. 

Problem I have with it in this system is that I don't think Tony Rudiger is that guy. I would say the only bloke who could cover him is Azpilicueta, but you'd end up compromising so much attack on the right if you constantly have him shadowing Luiz as he lumbers around the half way line. He did play that role a few years ago when coveting Terry on the left, but a very different style of play.

I at least think our players fit Sarri's system better than Arsenal's do Emery's. I'm really not sure Cech in particular is cut out of intricate passing around the penalty area.

• Paid Members

Trying to turn a fifty year old Petr Cech into a modern day Rene Higuita is giving me kittens. He's still making some superb saves, but that's only part of a keeper's game, especially given what Emery wants from a keeper. I'm sure he's played him as a safe bet rather than throwing Leno straight into two extremely difficult games, and I expect he'll rotate against Jazz Mag FC next weekend.

13 hours ago, PunkStep said:

zsRjBJ8.gif?noredirect

Carry on and he will  be putting his jumbo parachute on and arriving at the Emirates by mid December!

I do think a lot of coaches get here and try to be far too clever with what they've actually got. See Rafa in his first season with us. Despite being THE BEST LEAGUE I  THE WORLD it's still easy to sure a team up with power and pace.

• Paid Members

First of all, regarding Arsenal Fan TV - fucking LOL. A total Vince move from Arsenal, which I'm well in favour of. Next thing will be to pay off all those "personalities" who slag Arsenal off, and make them all call him "Mr. Kroenke" and talk about how wonderful the club is these days. "Robbie, it's not the owners fault we're 7th. Its ours. Its the fans, we're to demanding." They'd all sell out as well.

Onto United, I do love the people who think you need a team of Galacticos to beat Brighton. That seems to be the defence. "He needs better players." To beat Brighton? Or even to just not get played off the park? Those two centre halves he played today were both Mourinho signings. The left back was a player he fucking hates so decided to play him anyway. The right back is a winger converted to a left back, who happens to be 34. He's the one picking these fuckers. Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Axel Tuanzebe have just went out on loan. Could they possibly be any worse at general awareness of what is around them than Bailly and Lindelof at the minute?

Mourinho's fucked, though. This is how it'll be from now on. He's lost the players by the looks of things. Alexis Sanchez looks like he was carrying a baby in a harness during the game against Leicester. How do you turn a player like him into that?

• Paid Members

United are looking to appoint a technical director, aren't they? That's surely a sign Woodward has lost faith in Jose. Either that, or Ed realised he's so shit at the football stuff himself that he needs to delegate that part of his role so he can focus on commercial deals and the other stuff he's good at. But even in that event, Jose surely won't like that, he doesn't like the role of a sporting director does he? Dilutes his power. He eluded to it again recently with his 'head coach' comments. Something has got to give soon I think.

Wenger was the same, and as soon as we appointed a director he was pushed at the next given opportunity.

• Paid Members

It's clear the United board have an eye on the future. Why not? The players, apparently, don't like Jose and he usually fuck off.

I'm delighted the club has retained all their prospects this summer.

To add, this United team are doing piss all. Most United fans were fairly down on this season because Jose, but the lack of proper signings has made this a bit of a write off. I just do hope the board have an eye on some other manager, rather than the other option of Woodward spending too long on holiday and leaving it too late to get a proper defender, which Jose insinuated.

Edited by ColinBollocks