Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Never bet on a newly promoted side. You just don't know how they will get on.

Luckily it was a £10 free bet I got for signing up for Sky Fantasy Football (which sucks, by the way - the official Premier League FPL is way better)

I also had Wolves on that acca which isn't looking good right now. I blame Teedy Kay, he had me believing Wolves were going to smash the league.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I picked my FPL team the other day but forgot to choose my starting XI. So I log in a minute ago to see Vertonghen and Neves on the bench. Well that's that fucked already then.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

I've been really looking forward to the new season, in particular to see Fulham, Wolves and Everton.

Fulham looked decent going forward today, and in theory they should improve each week as their team continues to gel. Their defence is pretty shite though, but that should also improve. Hennessey made some good saves and Palace made some nice breakneck-speed counter attacks.

Definitely a penalty for Shirley though, which wasn't given. But hey, let's vote against having VAR eh, Premier League? I'm sure after the overall success of VAR at the World Cup there will be a huge clamouring for it over the course of the season. It'll be here soon.

Wolves defence looked fucking awful. They've done a good job building an impressive midfield and decent attack, but the back four, much like Fulham, looks suspect. Richarlyson had no right to score that second goal so easily. Superb free kick from Neves and beautiful delivery for the assist, @Teedy Kay did I hear right that he only had 3 touches in the opposition area during the whole of last season? That's an incredible stat, shows how disciplined he is with his positioning. Can't wait to see him partner Lucas Torreira next season. Oh, your manager looks like Kimbo Slice.

Based on tonight's highlights, Fulham and Wolves are certainly going to be a delight to watch this season. Apart from when they face the life-sucking, joy vacuum that is Man Utd.

Other thoughts: Cardiff are going to get absolutely battered this season.

Spurs' kit today was rotten.

If Rafa keeps Newcastle up this season it'll be a miracle, and he should be rewarded with a job at a big club, like Chelsea.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

@Teedy Kay

Spurs' kit today was rotten.

It really is. I got an email from the club today trying to flog me one. Apparently all that mess at the top of the shirt, which I took for some kind of shitty "splash of paint" design, is actually an aerial map of the N17 area.

Either way, it's horrendous.

• Paid Members

Rafa will keep Newcastle up comfortably this season can only assume @PunkStep is speaking off the back of MOTD highlights. Also hope Wolves are headed for the conference. Never seen a side who got money have fans get so arrogant so quick. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Maverick said:

Rafa will keep Newcastle up comfortably this season can only assume @PunkStep is speaking off the back of MOTD highlights. Also hope Wolves are headed for the conference. Never seen a side who got money have fans get so arrogant so quick. 

Woah, now, thats a bold statement.

I reckon City fans were worse, at least the ones I encountered. In terms of of fans of teams who got bought and then used money and connections to have success and then acted like fucks, it goes City, Chelsea, Wolves.

Though to be fair literally the only Wolves fan I "know" is Teedy Kay.

• Paid Members

We're fucking Champions League elite mother fuckers!!! In reality me and all my muckers are expecting a finish just above 17th, everyone I sat around yesterday in the ground that I'd not seen since last season expect the same. I think all Wolves fans want is a continual development as a club after decades of stagnant pap. Wolves fans are just excited, and we're not used to that.

@PunkStep Yeah Neves has a crazy stat that he only had 4 touches in the box.

Wolves were relatively shite last night, hardly turned up, Boly had a shocker, Jota and Costa went missing. Really missed Cavaleiro, and I'm hoping Dendoncker is happy at RCB.

• Paid Members

Not fond of all the hate Jagielka is getting across social media and the like from Everton fans.

In fairness, he has probably been finished at that level for a couple of years now, is ten yards and two minutes behind every game and is in Tony Cascarino during the Euro 2000 qualifiers category, but Jagielka has been a great servant to that club and fuck the lot of them poxy fans for turning their backs on him and absolutely caning and wishing ill will on him after day one. I don't know if it's just Everton or if it's fans of all clubs these days, but I can't get my head around the short memories of people.

On another note, I'm delighted that Richarlison has hit the ground running. He worked his plums off yesterday, and I know he's got a bit of a sulk in him and can be a bit of a pup, but I've a much better feeling about this lad than I have had about a signing in a few years. In saying that now, he'll probably ram that sentiment up my badge come January when he hands in a transfer request.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I reckon City fans were worse, at least the ones I encountered. In terms of of fans of teams who got bought and then used money and connections to have success and then acted like fucks, it goes City, Chelsea, Wolves.

In fairness, most City fans aren't like that, aside from the odd divot on here and on Twitter. Nothing like Chelsea fans in general, but they were mostly twats in the first place, aside from all the lads on here.