Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

47 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Hahaha, the irony.

I don't think you quite know what irony is. I have just ignored your appalling attempts at trolling and just said what I think about my club. You're the one with the "Just an Arsenal clone without the silverware" cracks. You worry about yours.

@PunkStep Maddison indeed a jinky little threat didn't he? Not a bad replacement for Mahrez. I was genuinely impressed by how well Chilwell carried the ball forward. Think it might have been the first time I've seen him properly.

@SpursRiot2012 It's the latter isn't it? It's selling, as Joe Lewis will never change, and to be quite frank, why should he. He's a businessman and Spurs is just another of his businesses. I wouldn't be surprised if an NFL owner eventually stumped up for us. By the way, Harry Winks missed an absolute trick not taking the number 40 shirt didn't he?

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Jacko said:

All the talk of United needing a centre half but bailly has been outstanding tonight 👌

He needed to be, Darmian was utter shite that first half. 

I'll give it three weeks until Mourinho is slating Luke Shaw again. 

• Paid Members

I was intrigued by United's team tonight, especially the Pereira / Fred combo in midfield. But once the penalty had gone in, it was business as usual. Plodding, slow, no forward momentum. If I was a Leicester fan I'd have been gutted to lose tonight.

Really pleased for Shaw though, after everything he's been through, mostly through no fault of his own. But yeah, he'll be out of the team by September.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I don't think you quite know what irony is. I have just ignored your appalling attempts at trolling and just said what I think about my club. You're the one with the "Just an Arsenal clone without the silverware" cracks. You worry about yours.

I'm not trolling anything, you said there were no players out there for Levy bargain prices that would have been an improvement, I named three that would improve your squad, two of which would have cost £5mill Euros. And one that would improve your left back position easily. Still think Martins on the right would be belting for Spurs.

Spurs this window have shown no desire to grow, no desire to improve a team that has won nowt, except gain Champions League qualification. That's exactly what has been lauded over Arsenal for donkeys, Spurs have shown as much desire to push on as Arsenal did when they were settled in their groove just after the Chelsea money and just before the City money. Spurs have shown that this window, nothing more nothing less, that's not trolling, it's highlighting a severe problem Spurs could have in the future, and being fine with it because you understand the situation even though money was floating around to be spent is surreal in my mind.

I'm the one with the cracks? You're puddled, with your attempts of a bite with a Mendes mention, do you have any regard for what you have previously posted? And ignored? You've quoted the living fuck out of me pal.

You're a hoot. God bless ya.

30 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I was intrigued by United's team tonight, especially the Pereira / Fred combo in midfield. But once the penalty had gone in, it was business as usual. Plodding, slow, no forward momentum. If I was a Leicester fan I'd have been gutted to lose tonight.

Really pleased for Shaw though, after everything he's been through, mostly through no fault of his own. But yeah, he'll be out of the team by September.

Luke Shaw is the oldest looking 23 year old alive isn't he? I know its not due to a rough paper round as he grew up 5 minutes from where I live

4 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Spurs this window have shown no desire to grow, no desire to improve a team that has won nowt, except gain Champions League qualification.

I'd say the new stadium is the desire to grow and use that and the added revenue to get improvements.  Yeah it's very Arsenal so the fruit will be ripe in about 10 years.

• Paid Members

Why is the comparison being drawn between a Spurs squad for whom three top 3 finishes in a row represents the best they've been for literally decades, to Arsenal finishing 4th/not mounting a serious title challenge for a decade or so, having won three Premier League titles in six years under the same manager? Context is king.

Main thought to take away from last night was how inefficient Sanchez was. Couldn't pick out a United player if his life depended on it. Was impressed with Maddison, looked lively and wasn't phased about having a run at United's defence.

• Paid Members

Spurs, looking pretty far from their best, still able to put down Newcastle. Granted, Newcastle had some great opportunities to draw or even go on to win, but didn't take them, plus NBCSN acting like Rondon is the second coming was doing my head in so well happy with that win.