Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

With Exeter, who knows what will happen? We got rid of Paul Tisdale after 12 years of increasingly awful football and watched him flounce off to MK, taking our captain with him on a free, due to a questionable clause in his contract agreed by Paul Tisdale. We've replaced him with Matt Taylor, a club legend who's made some damned good signings. On paper, we have one of the strongest starting elevens in League 2. Massive feeling of transition going into this season, I'd be happy with a tilt at the play-offs again and avoiding the bottom half of the table. 

On the plus side, we have more kids who are great coming through (Jack Sparkes is the next one) plus money from Brentford hopefully selling Ollie Watkins and Chelsea playing the God like genius that is Ethan Ampadu.. Who knows how we'll do this year? 

Courtois is meant to be valued at anything between £35m (Madrids value) and £50m (Chelsea). That comes from Paul Joyce and not some clickbait monkey like Neil Custard. Even with 12 months left on his Chelsea contract that's a ridiculously good deal, even at the top end. 

The Malcolm thing kind of makes sense. Seems to be loads of good value in ligue 1. Although I thought the Ev were a bit broke. Isn't there talk of them fucking off the new stadium to renovate Goodison?

• Paid Members

On the negative side, we may well end up with a worse goalkeeper. On the positive side, I think Courtois is a miserable twat and won't be especially sad to see him fuck off.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I think a worse goalkeeper is pretty much a certainty, none of the comparable ones are available. Maybe the new English rose Jordan pickford is around. Better option than cech for sure. 

Worried about Chelsea this season. Can't begrudge fans of other teams delighting in it, it's a complete mess. 

• Paid Members

I don't know what's going on at Spurs. When Poch signed his new deal so early into the off-season. I figured Levy must have made some serious assurances in response to Poch saying the club needed to "be brave" and "take risks." I thought that this year, we might see Spurs do deals early, basically. It hasn't happened, though. And we haven't exactly been strongly linked with anyone, really, outside of Jack Grealish. 

I might take it all back come the end of the window but if we don't make some serious moves, soon, it has to be said that Levy has really fucked the dog here.

Big fan of these Brazillians taking proper blokes names, such as Malcolm, Fred, William (although people seem to spell it with an "N").  Looking forward to Jimmy, Bernard, Albert, Cliff and Keith breaking into the Brazil squad.

• Paid Members

A manager that wants to be at Chelsea, no more surrendering games/the season before a ball's been kicked because money, no more whining about how shit all the players are at every presser and actual, honest to goodness, attacking football. I can't wait.

Last season was miserable as fuck, in the short term I just want to have fun watching us again, get us playing remotely like Napoli within a reasonable amount of time and I'll be delighted.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Big fan of these Brazillians taking proper blokes names, such as Malcolm, Fred, William (although people seem to spell it with an "N").  Looking forward to Jimmy, Bernard, Albert, Cliff and Keith breaking into the Brazil squad.

Bernard already did!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_(footballer)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Fucking hell, he was in my Fifa Ultimate Team last year as well.  It's like I'm Bobby Robson and he's Shola Ameobi.

It's probably pronounced wrong, like former Oldham midfielder Paul Bernard. But the intent is still there.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It's probably pronounced wrong, like former Oldham midfielder Paul Bernard. But the intent is still there.

Everything about Paul Bernard was wrong. Especially that some stupid idiot club paid a million quid for him.