PowerButchi

Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

Like the back-to-back buttfuckings from Bournemouth and Watford last year, the last two away games have probably turned me. Sarri seems to be happy to take defeats like these regularly until he gets his singular vision of football up and running and it's embarrassing. How can you just stand by and let yesterday unfold without doing anything? Unacceptable. If we could get back to attacking like we were earlier on in the season, blooding youth or showing forms of progression I'd get back onside. He's got HIS man up top (and I think he looks pretty sharp), no more excuses.

I'd give him the cup final, hope we win and it galvanizes the season but beyond that no guarantees. We threw away Champions League football last season sticking with Conte and hoping that time would magically make his Plan A start working again, we can't do it again. And that was with Conte having title-winning credit earned (I'd still have sacked him before Barca. He wanted out).

On the bright side, everyone associated with Liverpool were cheering on Chelsea yesterday. Burn!

2 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Think that's us well on the way to promotion now after seeing off Ipswich. Ten years unbeaten in the derby, can't knock it. 

That said, I genuinely hope they stay up. I'd love to see both teams prosper - an East Anglian derby in the Prem again one day would be superb. Also, I know it's fashionable to hate on your old manager who's gone to a rival time, but I'll never stop loving Paul Lambert. His three years in charge here were absolutely off the scale. I can't help but wish him well and hopefully he turns it around for them, and both himself and Ipswich can finally get back on track. 

Honestly I kinda hope we just go down. Get it over and done with and re-group. I know we could end up sinking further but 18 years of Championship mediocrity is killing the club.

I

I genuinely worry for Ipswich in League One. Whilst the Championship is an incredibly hard league to get out of, I don’t think League One is going to be easy for them.

The heart and sole of the club has vanished under Evans. He doesn’t invest in the team and doesn’t have a connection with the fans. They’ve got quite a big stadium and many of the lads I play football with have season tickets. Their gate is well down, and I’m told it’s a horrible atmosphere inside Portman Road these days.

Considering League One contains 6 ex-Premier League clubs, I could see Ipswich kicking around there for quite some time. 

Well, that was grim. PSG looked comfortable all night, which is the biggest disappointment; United couldn't get anything going. The ref was horrible too. It was a very tame game, but he somehow whipped out all those bookings and, of course, decided to send off Pogba. It's a big month for Ole and I'll be all sad if it starts to go tits up for him.

Hopefully Martial isn't proper knackered because I have zero trust in Sanchez being anything more than an expensive flop.

Frustrating night for United, things could have been different- the first half was pretty even. Losing the pace of Martial and Jesse before half time and having to replace them with Mata and Sanchez was disastrous and the lad that scored their first shouldn't have been on the pitch. PSG looked pretty comfortable once they went ahead.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Losing the pace of Martial and Jesse before half time and having to replace them with Mata and Sanchez was disastrous

Aye. Given the way Ole likes to play, Mata is probably always going to struggle to help the game plan, particularly at this level, but Sanchez looks absolutely shot. I doubt he'll get any better and is looking like one of the biggest flops in the clubs history (maybe the biggest, all things considered). Been quite incredible how sharp his decline has been.

I'd be more than happy to get Alexis off the wage bill in the summer. He's too expensive to be an impact sub, especially one that makes the wrong sort of impact every time. That finish against Arsenal recently was a reminder that there's a player of quality there, but it looks like he needs to play through the middle or not at all and we've already got a £70m substitute for that position.

Because I'm petty as fuck, I'm absolutely revelling in Alexis Sanchez turning out to be an absolute dogshit signing. Of course he scored against us, they all do, Aliadiere scored more against us than he did for us. But long may he be a complete failure. Fuck him and his dogs.

Edited by PunkStep

It was a baffling signing even before we found out that he's actually dogshit now. We brought him in and Jose tried to fit him into the side in the one outfield position that we were actually looking great in at the time. Genuinely seemed like we only picked him up because City were rumoured to be interested.

Was hoping he'd at least put on a decent show tonight to seduce PSG into taking a punt on him in the summer. There are only a handful of clubs in the world that would take on those wages.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:12 PM, scratchdj said:

I genuinely worry for Ipswich in League One. Whilst the Championship is an incredibly hard league to get out of, I don’t think League One is going to be easy for them.

The heart and sole of the club has vanished under Evans. He doesn’t invest in the team and doesn’t have a connection with the fans. They’ve got quite a big stadium and many of the lads I play football with have season tickets. Their gate is well down, and I’m told it’s a horrible atmosphere inside Portman Road these days.

Considering League One contains 6 ex-Premier League clubs, I could see Ipswich kicking around there for quite some time. 

There is 7 isn't there? 

Barnsley, Blackpool, Bradford, Charlton, Coventry, Portsmouth and Sunderland.

Before this season, I'd have said going down to League 1 to "regroup" was the wrong attitude to have for any Championship club. But the way the new Barnsley owners have managed to keep the squad together, strengthened the squad where it was needed and chosen a really decent young manager/head coach has totally changed my mind. It's been one of the best seasons I've ever experienced as a Barnsley fan!

Nothing wrong with League 1 at all. With all your ducks in a row it's a fantastic opportunity to rebuild a club from the ground up on all fronts, not in terms of splashing the cash but getting rid of the deadwood and bringing in passionate youngster who bring a completely fresh exuberance and feel about the place. It can also help bring supporters closer to the club in what starts out as a time of need and in most cases could result in a big party at the end of the season when promotion comes. You'll also get to visit some fantastic away grounds you'll have either not been to for years or get to visit other unique grounds you've never been to before. Norwich's 09/10 League One season is up there with my favourites - so many great memories of not only the matches but also places visited. 

Ipswich could really revitalise themselves there. They may struggle in terms of Evans' lack of involvement but with the history, stadium etc it's got to be a draw for decent players at that level. 

Think they should keep Lambert on regardless - Chilly correct me if I'm wrong but for all the bad times recently Lambert seems to have built a strong bond with the fans. He'd soon turn a team into League 1 winners surely.