Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Think he put on too much bulk on for the World Cup as he wanted to be stronger, and he clearly misjudged it. Sure I read or heard that recently, or I’ve just woke from a nap and dreamt it.

I remember when people were saying he was better than Harry Kane...what a time to be alive.

You are indeed correct.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/09/romelu-lukaku-world-cup-belgium-manchester-united

Perhaps Bayo is looking for a tag partner at the Dons?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

Rumours of Inter and Real being interested, but I don't see it. I can only really see the likes of PSG being interested, otherwise it's off to China or the Middle East he'll go.

I can't see PSG being interested at all after his United tenure, I think that ship has sailed. They went for the experienced head in Ancelotti and are now going down the 'younger and/or innovative coach' route first with Emery and now with Tuchel. Even if that fails and they want to bring in an experienced head, they won't touch Mourinho with a bargepole- especially with their prima donna players. Christ, imagine Neymar being managed by Jose? It'll be Jose VS Pogba all over again, but with dowsed in petrol.

I wouldn't rule him going back to Real. Him and Perez are still on good terms and Real are likely to get desperate if they still can't win the La Liga and stop winning the CL, so they might be happy with somebody who isn't afraid to upset the apple cart in order to get results. Initially, at least. Real make barmy appointments so anything is possible. Benitez a few years ago being one!

Sadio Mane's home got Scoused again while he was away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/47309681

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane's house was burgled while he was playing in the Champions League last-16 tie against Bayern Munich on Tuesday.

Items including watches, mobile phones and car keys were stolen.

The incident happened at Mane's house in Allerton, south Liverpool between 18:00 and 23:45 GMT - while the 26-year-old was at Anfield. No-one was in the property at the time.

Forensic examinations are under way and a police investigation is ongoing.

Detective Inspector Phil Mahon, of Merseyside Police, said: "We are appealing for anyone with information in relation to this burglary to please come forward and assist our inquiries.

"While the occupants were not present at the time of the incident this will no doubt be a distressing experience for them and I would ask the offenders to do the right thing and return the stolen items to the owner in any way possible.

"We know the watches in particular are of significant monetary value and I would also like to appeal to anyone who might have been offered the items for sale since the burglary to contact police."

Senegal international Mane was burgled in November 2017 while he was at Anfield for a Champions League game against Maribor.

A gang was thought to have broken into his home first before smashing a patio door at the nearby address of team-mate Dejan Lovren before they fled when a woman shouted she was calling the police.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

So? Spurs got that just for building a new stadium

Superb!

Chelsea never learn, do they? They keep getting bollocked on this matter. They'll no doubt defend it, which will likely defer the ban until next January and Summer 2020 (if they don't manage to successfully appeal).

Looks like they might have to actually - gasp - use some of the millions of young players they keep sending out on loan! Which annoyingly could be a blessing in disguise for them. I hope it's not though and I hope they perish.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I hope it's not though and I hope they perish.

I'd love it. Although the firms wouldn't have the "big one" to look forward to any more. Political Correctness gone mad.

• Paid Members

What with the new loan rules in place, probably not the worst time for Chelsea to see what half their roster of loans look like in the Premier League. Isn't it like only 8 players a season can leave one club? Considering they have 29 out right now it's going to be a big summer of selling and promoting the three or four to make up their full squad. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

What with the new loan rules in place, probably not the worst time for Chelsea to see what half their roster of loans look like in the Premier League. Isn't it like only 8 players a season can leave one club? Considering they have 29 out right now it's going to be a big summer of selling and promoting the three or four to make up their full squad. 

Eh? What are these new loan rules? I didn't know about this, it would be big for most teams but Chelsea especially. I wonder whether a way around it is by claiming most of their loanees would be U-23/reserve players and thus not eligible for the quota of 8? Or does the new rules apply to any player that isn't deemed a youth player?

edit: just looked it up. They haven't put the rules in place yet and FIFA are/were due to look into this further 'early 2019' to work on the details. Apparently they were hoping to have the new loan rules in place by 2020, but that doesn't look likely. They said only 8 players out on loan, but haven't clarified whether that includes homegrown players etc. I don't see anything happening anytime soon.

Edited by PunkStep