Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Sorry to derail the thread with a question but football related. In the 90s, I had a toy that played short video clips. I can remember having two cartridges or whatever it played, Alan Shearer's goal against France in 1992 and Mark Hughes goal in the Cup Winners Cup Final in 1991. Anyone have one and remember what it was? Was like a View master but with videos. At least i think it was.

I remember something like you have described but got a feeling it was something (if it was even possible back then?) that came in a cereal box or from McDonalds. 

Edit. This is what I was thinking of.

Virtue Euro 96 Videos

CBNT14jUgAAk1AN.jpg

Edited by Briefcase

Random thought but what has happened to Lukaku? He was always a big lad but he was dynamic to go with it, had a fair bit of pace about him offset against the physique to make him 'a handful'.

He now literally looks massive. Even the shorts he was wearing look like they are verging on Neil Ruddock / Neil Shipperly custom fit numbers.

I know with all the sports science and nutrition they have these days he's probably weighed and monitored every other day but surely he has bulked up too much?

• Paid Members

I don't know the answers to your questions but I do know that he's crap and I hope he pisses off in the summer. Really good to see Solskjaer isn't feeling pressured to pick him because of his price tag. He was the only player last night who was bordering on useless.

2 hours ago, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

Random thought but what has happened to Lukaku? He was always a big lad but he was dynamic to go with it, had a fair bit of pace about him offset against the physique to make him 'a handful'.

He now literally looks massive. Even the shorts he was wearing look like they are verging on Neil Ruddock / Neil Shipperly custom fit numbers.

I know with all the sports science and nutrition they have these days he's probably weighed and monitored every other day but surely he has bulked up too much?

Think he put on too much bulk on for the World Cup as he wanted to be stronger, and he clearly misjudged it. Sure I read or heard that recently, or I’ve just woke from a nap and dreamt it.

I remember when people were saying he was better than Harry Kane...what a time to be alive.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Think he put on too much bulk on for the World Cup as he wanted to be stronger, and he clearly misjudged it. Sure I read or heard that recently, or I’ve just woke from a nap and dreamt it.

Indeed. He said Belgium needed him to bulk up, for some reason.

The Kak isn't good enough, technically. He's hardly the most clinical of finishers and his lack of ability to control a bloody football kills good build up play and can slow the team down. He's decent running onto things, or was, but he's a bit immobile now he's huge.

• Paid Members

He's alright to bung on near the end to defend at corners and stick in for cup matches you don't care about. But you can't even bring him on at the end to clobber clearances at so he can control them, win free kicks and waste time. Because despite all his bulk he seems to possess absolutely no strength at all and it was telling they preferred Sanchez at the end of the Chelsea match, who's about half his size and showed far more strength than Lukaku did in that role.

Unless he's getting a diet of crosses or balls fed directly into his feet in a channel and a free sight of goal, he's useless.

• Paid Members

Trivia from Martin Tyler this morning. Name 7 players who've played in the Premier League for Liverpool and scored in a League Cup Final but not for Liverpool.

I've come up with 7. I've gone for one being a trick:

Heskey, Clough, Milner, Owen, Zenden, Ziege and Gerrard!

22 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

In fact, that might have been Smalling's best ever United performance last night.

Said exactly this to my old man whilst watching it , completely error free performance from Smalling who along with Herrera had half a shout of being Man of the match.

Lindelof now looks full of confidence too which he certainly didnt under Mou

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, The British Bushwacker said:

Lindelof now looks full of confidence too which he certainly didnt under Mou

Lindelof is the prime example of Mourinho's terrible last season and a half at United.

He was bought because Mourinho wanted a centre-back who was more comfortable on the ball and could bring it out with confidence. So he brings him in and then doesn't let him play to his strengths at all. Then, earlier this season, he moans because he hasn't got any centre-backs who are comfortable playing out from the back.

Mourinho fucks off, Solskjaer lets Lindelof play in the manner he's most comfortable and lo and behold, he's been superb the last two months. Imagine that.

Any big club taking Mourinho on from now on would be mad.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Hide contents

Are you including OGs? As otherwise I don’t think 6 or 7 is correct?

Reveal hidden contents

I thought the OG might be a trick but I've since realised who the 7th one is. Sure 6 is right, he scored for your mob in 2002.

52 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Any big club taking Mourinho on from now on would be mad.

Rumours of Inter and Real being interested, but I don't see it. I can only really see the likes of PSG being interested, otherwise it's off to China or the Middle East he'll go.