Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Duke said:

As a philistine who's not paid attention to fine Italian football, why did higuain go out on loan? Was it just to get him off the books because of Ronaldo or is he a spent force? 

Both. Allegedly, Ronaldo didn't like playing with him compared with Benzema at Madrid either, which hardly helped. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Duke said:

As a philistine who's not paid attention to fine Italian football, why did higuain go out on loan? Was it just to get him off the books because of Ronaldo or is he a spent force? 

Probably a bit of both, although I was surprised when they sent him to Milan on loan.

I don't think he's going to be the answer to Chelsea's problems up top, even short term. But he was at his best under Sarri...

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Probably a bit of both, although I was surprised when they sent him to Milan on loan.

Though the point I made above about Ronaldo not enjoying playing with him probably holds some credence, it's mostly the contract. He's the second best paid player in Serie A (behind Ronaldo) and Juventus couldn't eat both of those at once easily.

It's another classic Chelsea shit/crocked/old striker purchase. The natural successor to Pato/Falcao/Schevchenko/Pizarro/Eto'o/Torres.

2015-2016 Higuain was unplayable. Sadly, that seems a long time ago. He’ll score, I have no doubt about that, but he is definitely not what Chelsea need.

It is utterly bizarre that for the same or slightly more money they could genuinely address their striker issues by going out and getting a younger, better, long term option. They have the money.

• Paid Members

Apparently Dennis Wise is back at Newcastle in some sort of advisory role to Mike Ashley. This is next level trolling from Ashley. I mean, fucking hell- as if he wasn't trying to get the fans to hate him enough already.

10 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Apparently Dennis Wise is back at Newcastle in some sort of advisory role to Mike Ashley. This is next level trolling from Ashley. I mean, fucking hell- as if he wasn't trying to get the fans to hate him enough already.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable return of Joe Kinnear.

• Paid Members

Random anecdote.

A lad in the pub last night said that he & his pal go to at least one Sunderland game a month and they sit in the away end. They hate them so much the buy tickets just to boo them. They don’t care who they’re playing, they just want to boo them.

2 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Random anecdote.

A lad in the pub last night said that he & his pal go to at least one Sunderland game a month and they sit in the away end. They hate them so much the buy tickets just to boo them. They don’t care who they’re playing, they just want to boo them.

There's been loads of mags at our games this season, both home and away. There was a thread on twitter chronicling them with spotted pictures,  absolutely bizarre behaviour. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Random anecdote.

I went to see Southampton vs Burnley when Saints were about to be relegated to League One. I was in the away end with some Burnley supporting friends, and we got talking to a group of Portsmouth fans who had been going to away games towards the ends of the season in the hope of seeing the game that relegated them.