Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Christ alive. I had a look at the comments on the Match of the Day facebook page following their loss to City and some of the cringe to be found by Liverpool supporters was remarkable. In light of reading your guys thoughts on here and then seeing that, I can now definitely see what you're all getting at. It's a shame, because Liverpool the football team are one I find very likable, although again that probably stems from me really liking Klopp after watching him with his Dortmund team a while ago. 

On the Scottish football front, for the first time I'm beginning to feel a bit uneasy. The Rangers signing Jordan Jones and especially Defoe is a real statement of intent and well and truly laying down the gauntlet. Yeah Defoe is old but if he stays injury-free he'll still score for fun up here. Meanwhile, we've just signed Ollie Burke, a PSG youth player who will have to hit the ground running and a chap from a Slovakian club whose own manager describes as a "raw prospect". It's so frustrating to watch this biscuit tin mentality Celtic have had for years when really the fact that we're not over the hill and out of sight by now is quite inexcusable. 

1 hour ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Christ alive. I had a look at the comments on the Match of the Day facebook page following their loss to City and some of the cringe to be found by Liverpool supporters was remarkable. In light of reading your guys thoughts on here and then seeing that, I can now definitely see what you're all getting at.

You get stupid comments from pretty much every fan base.

8 minutes ago, W35ty said:

You get stupid comments from pretty much every fan base.

True, but they are more concentrated and infinitely funnier when it's Liverpool fans.  Mind you, Arsenal TV might have set a new benchmark in that regard.

• Paid Members

AFTV used to be a guilty pleasure of mine. It hasn't been half as good since Wenger left. I bet that Robbie guy must have been secretly hoping Wenger stayed so his pockets continued to be filled, albeit to the cost of Arsenal's success.

• Moderators

Shit loss for Wrexham. 1-0 vs Dover at home, about 4700 there. Poor game and with Salford beating orient we needed the points. But while I was in the Turf after the game (only actual pub in stadium grounds in the UK, and its the oldest international stadium in the world pop pickers) we announced the signing of James Oswell. A 6'2 strong bastard number 9. What we've been missing. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Morata is the worst. Scored two yesterday and still managed to celebrate as if he'd just heard his Granny had fallen down the stairs. 

His reaction to scoring was almost as identical as when he missed that sitter!