Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I have no idea what Bournemouth were thinking giving a player his age such a long contract anyway.

Think it would have been a deal-breaker on Defoe's part in terms of number of years on the contract. Keep in mind his record and the demand for him at the time. There may have been a couple of other clubs trying to nab him as well, and offering him the security of extra years at the end of his career as a fail-safe is what likely lead to confirming his capture. There may have been some coaching implementations thrown in too, i.e he picked up his badges and assisted with the youth teams etc towards the end of his deal, something along those lines.  

3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Will he be able to match the feats of goalscoring legends like Michael Mols and Marco Negri though.

To be fair, Negri was a goal machine before he got to Scotland, wasn't he? 33 goals in 61 games for Perugia? Considering that was Italian football in the mid-90's, that's not a bad return.

His 33 goals for Rangers in 30 games was just ridiculous mind you.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

He’s only loan at Milan.

It's likely a "loan" in name only. The buy-out clause will be mandatory, I don't think Juve will have agreed on that fee unless it was guaranteed. Higuain to Chelsea for only 6 months (as ideal as it would be) probably isn't possible. It'd have to be Chelsea picking up Milan's "loan" and buying him outright from Juve in the summer, or "loaning" him from and Morata to Milan with them turning permanent in the summer. Chelsea won't want him beyond this season.

We need to do something. I'm hoping the threat of a possible incoming transfer ban spooks the board into looking beyond the typical January-fix strikers. Throw £100m at Icardi and see if Inter sweat.

Or Ask Diego if he wants to come home. He's insane so surely his reply of "No" can't reasonably hold up in court?

Fucking Conte.

• Moderators

Chalk Flew Up! It was a McEnroe.

But at least North Wales Coast FC has an excuse now when it all falls apart sometime in early March.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Seen the tweet by the lad who thinks it's a goal because the shadow of the ball was over the line? 🤣

Great game, I thought. City's pressing was unreal but Liverpool looked shit scared from the off. That sequence leading to the non-goal was incredible and the last ten minutes reverting to Wimbledon vs. Coventry from 1993 was so English football. 

Big takeaway from this season is that Fernandinho is the most important player in this Man City team.