Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

21 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

Being 40 minutes away from not having a club after Barnsley went into admin and struggled to find a buyer was mine, hinds down. We all new that a  deadline had been set, and we were all on edge waiting for some news. We even had a major scare when word leaked out that the only person interested had pulled out, but it all tunred out to be a hoax. In the end, the club was rescued by former mayor Pete Doyle. Unfortunatly, it turned out he only wanted to club to flattern the ground and build houses. Luckily, the council told him to fuck off, so he ended up selling to the late, great Patric Cryne who basically saved us, and turned the club around to eventually make a profit every year.

We went into admin owing about two million thanks to ITV Digitial going under. It really winds me up knowing that Bolton still can't afford to pay their players and are getting bailed out by the PFA. They're hundreds of millions in debt and stayed up last season at the expense of a club who were self sufficient and had turned a small profit in the past few years thanks to living and spending within their means and balancing the books. Absolute shambles is FFP.

Football is bent.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

We went into admin owing about two million thanks to ITV Digitial going under. It really winds me up knowing that Bolton still can't afford to pay their players and are getting bailed out by the PFA. They're hundreds of millions in debt and stayed up last season at the expense of a club who were self sufficient and had turned a small profit in the past few years thanks to living and spending within their means and balancing the books. Absolute shambles is FFP. 

Football is bent.

Completely agree mate. It wont stop either until a big club goes titts up.

• Paid Members

I'd like to see Spurs win something too so I stop seeing this "What has he won?" nonsense from people who are incapable of accepting that Pochettino has and is doing a magnificent job with a fraction of the budget of his contemporaries. I get it from bitter Arsenal fans but don't know why fans of other clubs come out with such shit. Most are fans of teams who also don't win fuck all or of teams like Man City who won fuck all for decades and should know better than to be so entitled.

Of course Spurs need to win something eventually. All big clubs do. But the game isn't black and white. Stop being so thick.

11 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Lowest point for me as a Rangers fan was watching them in a home league game against bloody Elgin City. Jeezo. Those years were grim.

When we got beat by Stirling when their manager was in his honeymoon is about as low as I got in those days. Which I was doubly glad of as he was a colleague at the time 

18 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I'd like to see Spurs win something too so I stop seeing this "What has he won?" nonsense from people who are incapable of accepting that Pochettino has and is doing a magnificent job with a fraction of the budget of his contemporaries. I get it from bitter Arsenal fans but don't know why fans of other clubs come out with such shit. Most are fans of teams who also don't win fuck all or of teams like Man City who won fuck all for decades and should know better than to be so entitled.

Of course Spurs need to win something eventually. All big clubs do. But the game isn't black and white. Stop being so thick.

The "oh didn't he do well" won't be remembered years to come so I can understand people having that view. The truth about sports is it matters to whon or lost, not how you played the game. 

Looking that Arsenal squad, all I can think is that we could be a shedload against that defence. Looks like we’re going to attack from the off with the inclusion of Shaqiri as well.