worst Hogan era WCW run by former WWF star?

JudyBagwell

I guess Jim Hellwigs run has to be considered, right from the rambling introductory promo it was a snowball of shit hurtling downhill at terrifying speed. It was horribly booked and Warrior just looked like a shopworn relic, it got so bad he ended up in the OWN with fucking Ed Leslie of all people

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

And gives us reason to post this promo again. State of him

Jesus when was that from? That has to be one of the worst promos I have seen from a seasoned wrestler. Absolutely cringe all round (and did the interviewer say shit on a WCW broadcast?)

On 7/8/2018 at 11:29 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Davey Boy by far. Take a snap shot of him in 1997 and then skip a year later. Wasnt even the same guy.

Yeah Davey boy was a big star at one point I really enjoyed his 1996 world title matches against shawn and loved the bulldogs 80's run.. Shame he never won the world title but that can be said about a lot of guys from his era 

Might get flamed for this but i would throw Bret Hart in the mix for this. Should have been a massive coup to sign the former 5 time champ but instead got lost in the mix of creative control clauses and looked lost and disintrested most of the time 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

Might get flamed for this but i would throw Bret Hart in the mix for this. Should have been a massive coup to sign the former 5 time champ but instead got lost in the mix of creative control clauses and looked lost and disintrested most of the time 

Bret was a massive waste of talent for WCW but that match with Benoit on Nitro alone was better than anything "acheived" by Shark, Bruti/Butcher/Booty Man/Disciple, Duggan, Horace, Big Bri, Uncle Fred, Brian Knobbs, fucking Virgil, etc.

28 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

Is my memory wrong or didn't he fued with ddp over the u.s title at one point was it in  98 and there series of matches were good one of the very few high lights of his run... but he should have been a mega star in wcw I love bret maybe that's just the 80s-90s wwf fan boy coming out in me... But the amount of talent wcw had and missed the boat on the late ninites was unreal 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Is my memory wrong or didn't he fued with ddp over the u.s title at one point was it in  98 and there series of matches were good one of the very few high lights of his run... but he should have been a mega star in wcw I love bret maybe that's just the 80s-90s wwf fan boy coming out in me... But the amount of talent wcw had and missed the boat on the late ninites was unreal 

I think that also gave us Rodman and Karl Malone as well if I am not mistaken

39 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I think that also gave us Rodman and Karl Malone as well if I am not mistaken

Ha ha wcw was class in a lot of ways but mostly for the wrong reasons.. But I do have a soft spot for 98-99 wcw from the great jericho-malenko series to raven and kanyon the had a great undercard and I enjoyed Perry saturn wearing a dress and the Marilyn Manson spin the put on it