Golden Boy MMA - Chuck vs. Tito III

Egg Shen

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was like when you do a fight with two figures but one of them has no moving parts. I suppose the production was top notch and Chuck will get his 200k or whatever it was but it was like your uncle who was hard in his day getting beat up in the pub car park.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It was like when you do a fight with two figures but one of them has no moving parts. 

That’s exactly what it was like. Tito - the damaged but still useable Hasbro vs Chuck - the battered old Galoob. 

• Paid Members

I was proper worried for Lie-dell the other day when I saw the difference in speed and endurance during those open workout videos. Tito looked like Joanna, by comparison. Of course, you just hope it's either a trick or it will be different in an actual fight, but nope Chuck was so compromised by age that it was a sad watch 20 seconds or so in, as Chuck swung again some sort of slow jab that made me feel good about the pop I have in my soft hands.

Chuck is undeniably shot, though. No chin and now he moves too slow to catch any reasonable fighter with anything decent.

If Chuck wants to fight again I'd go full freakshow and give him CM Punk. Probably a fair fight too.

He'll never fight again, I'd put my grandkid's college money on it.

As was mentioned earlier, he's had physical problems stemming from long before he was fighting, so it's going to be even harder for him at 50. In reality, no one should be fighting at that age. It's bad enough taking shots to the head when you're young, but at that kind of stage in life? That's just fucking dangerous man.

Thing with Chuck for me is that I always thought he could have done something in pro wrestling. People talking about Cain moving over? Chuck has the definitive cage fighter look. Even before his fight last night, in the interviews on MMA Fighting, he still had that look to him that he wanted to fucking kill someone.

Plus, he's known as a KO guy. All he'd need to do as a special enforcer or whatever is learn how to throw a convincing fake punch that would take out whoever he was faced against.

Not sure he'd be game for it mind you, but it would certainly work for him more than it would for Cain or DC I think. 

EDIT: Wonder how he got on at this afterwards? He probably displayed more head movement during that photoshoot than he did in the fight.

96db2f72-704a-48cf-bf00-602a4494bbd4-ori

• Paid Members

When Tito dug that grave in the post match, he should have dove in there as well and fill the thing up. Chuck looked knackered. Nothing resembling the tour de force of the Iceman in his prime. But Ortiz is a mess of a man. An embarrassment at this stage. Its like watching the Masters Football, if Steve McMahon suddenly starting celebrating as if the 1988 final had been avenged.

I dont know why I do it to myself. I always go into these shitty gimmick PPVs with a smile as if I'm watching the classics and they'll be good as they ever were for one night. But it always ends up a total disappointment.

Chuck would still beat Punk, though.

• Paid Members

That could well end De La Hoya's foray into MMA as well, as I imagine they lost their ass on this one. I can't see it having done more than 40,000 on PPV. The outcome was completely predictable, unfortunately. This was always going to end with Chuck either getting sparked out, or dropped and choked into oblivion. A sad state of affairs this was. I'm sure both men got a decent payout, which is very useful at this stage of their lives no doubt, but Chuck suffering more brain damage? How worth it that money will feel in ten years time for him is another question. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

That could well end De La Hoya's foray into MMA as well, as I imagine they lost their ass on this one. I can't see it having done more than 40,000 on PPV. The outcome was completely predictable, unfortunately. This was always going to end with Chuck either getting sparked out, or dropped and choked into oblivion. A sad state of affairs this was. I'm sure both men got a decent payout, which is very useful at this stage of their lives no doubt, but Chuck suffering more brain damage? How worth it that money will feel in ten years time for him is another question. 

Apparently Chuck got $250,000 (no win bonus) and Tito got $200,000 (no win bonus.)

Archived