Golden Boy MMA - Chuck vs. Tito III

Egg Shen

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Chunk said:

They can't be fixed, can they? I mean the risk to Bellator would just be too great to bother doing it.

Fighting is the easiest thing to fix, it just takes one person to be in on it. Ā Bellator don't even have to know.

I don't think Ortiz vs Sonnen was fixed. However, I also don't think Sonnen was 100% that evening, he looked dreadful. It reminded me a bit of when he fought Rashad and got wrecked. Of course, Rashad was always going to beat Sonnen. He's simplyĀ a better fighter than him. But the ease in which he beat him raised a few eyebrows. It later turned out that Sonnen went into that fight at less than 100% (Landsberg brought it up in an interview and Sonnen dodged the question). I suspect a similar thing happened with Ortiz. Especially given that Sonnen hasn't looked thatĀ bad in his subsequent fights in Bellator.Ā Ā 

I can believe that the irregular betting patterns before Kimbo vs Dada 5000 wasĀ a sign that they planned to fix the fight (or at least one of them did). But once those patterns were reported upon, they had no choice but to fight honestly, and what a state of affairs that was. They would have been better served to go through withĀ fixing the fight.Ā There was speculation that Shlemenko vs Ortiz was fixed. The rumours started on Twitter on the evening of the fight. The rumour stated that Bellator planned to fix one of their featured bouts. When Ortiz later submitted ShlemenkoĀ quite a few assumed the fix was in. I don't have a strong opinion on that one, but I leanĀ towards it being legit. Ken Shamrock and Kimbo are this century'sĀ kings of the alleged fixed fight, so it wasn't a surprise when many thought that their fight in Bellator was fixed (even though it probablyĀ wasn't). As an aside, I actually think Ken gets a rough time on that front, probably due to his pro wrestling background. For example, I've never bought that his fight with Franklin was fixed.Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members

Chuck vs Tito promo here...

I love MMA but sometimes I hate MMA. I've always thought thisĀ fight shouldn't be happening. Yet all it takes is oneĀ well edited highlight video with some dramatic music, showingĀ oldĀ clips of these guysĀ when they were on top,Ā interspersed with some new interview soundbites...and I'm getting sucked in.

I guess you can polishĀ a turd.Ā 

• Paid Members

It'll probably be entertaining but there's also a chance Chuck comes out there with nothing like BJ Penn over the last few years.Ā 

While I wish Chuck stayed retired, I don't think I'd have beenĀ quite so down on this comeback if they weren'tĀ rehashing this thing with Tito. It'sĀ tired as a rivalry and dead as a trilogy as Chuck's already 2-0 with 2 knockouts. All this is doing is giving Tito a chance to get one back and catch a 50 year old chinless Chuck. I hate the thought of Tito knocking him out and getting the last laugh. I think that's the main reason I've felt so negative on this. If he was coming back to fight Chael, that would beĀ bags of fun and fresh too. Even a rematch with Wanderlei would've been sort of cool. But Tito...

Well if nothing else I'm emotionally invested in the fight because I really, reallyĀ want Chuck to batter him again.Ā 

Tell you what though, if Chuck sparks Tito, this is the best fight ever made. Regardless of how shit it is.

Iā€™d die laughing if Tito, so cocky about getting this done because heā€™s sure heā€™s now got Chucks number, got planked.

Dickhead.

If Chuck dusts off the old blue shorts with the white ice design on them it'll be fantastic. Akin to Apollo bringing back the American shorts for the Drago fight.

Let's hope the fight doesn't end with Chuck mistakenly thinking it was just an exhibition bout only for Tito to clobber him.

• Paid Members

I wasn't really watching MMA until after Chuck's chin would struggle to take a left hook from my Gran, so I don't have the same investment in this feud. Even so, Tito is a dick and I'm well on board with a roided up Chuck knocking him out with his Khabib power.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Tell you what though, if Chuck sparks Tito, this is the best fight ever made. Regardless of how shit it is.

Iā€™d die laughing if Tito, so cocky about getting this done because heā€™s sure heā€™s now got Chucks number, got planked.

Dickhead.

It'll never top a fat Big Nog coming off double hip surgery and looking about 93,Ā walloping SchithouseĀ Schaub in a round and making him do the Flair Flop. In Brazil.Ā 

It'dĀ be nice though.Ā 

Archived