Golden Boy MMA - Chuck vs. Tito III

Egg Shen

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

The ironic thing about this fight is it's all UFC/Dana's fault. Dana retired Chuck and told him he has a 'job for life within UFC' and by all accounts he was very happy with his role in UFC (which i never did find out what it was) then new owners came in and one of the first thing they did was get rid of Chuck (which again really has me wondering what was his job?).

This fight is happening because Dana didn't make good on his word.

It's absolutely the UFC's fault.

If Chuck was being paid for doing whatever he was doing by the UFC then there's no way he risks that by stepping away from the company for this fight. He'll have received offers in the past to fight no doubt and will have turned them down.

As critical as I am of Dana though, I doubt there's much he could have done really. The new owners seem hellbent on taking what the Fertitta's built and fucking it up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2018/10/15/17979960/chuck-liddell-vs-tito-ortiz-3-proposed-fight-card-released

Full fight card released. Nothing to really get excited about, looks like they've just cobbled together the best could from the few notable fighter not under contract to any US promotion.

Ortiz fought recently in Bellator didn't he?  I actually thought he didn't look terrible in his last Bellator fight but I'd be surprised if he's got better since.  I had no idea this was happening, sounds like a total train wreck in the offing - Shamrock/Gracie in Bellator style.  

9 minutes ago, Loki said:

Ortiz fought recently in Bellator didn't he?  I actually thought he didn't look terrible in his last Bellator fight but I'd be surprised if he's got better since.  I had no idea this was happening, sounds like a total train wreck in the offing - Shamrock/Gracie in Bellator style.  

Some people are still waiting on the rematch after Ken got blasted in the nuts in the first fight.

And by "some people" I mean me.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Loki said:

Ortiz actually won his last fight against Chael Sonnen, theres been some suspicions on the validity of the actual bout but he won it. 

I'm not au fait with the ins and outs of MMA like you boys, but from casual watching of Bellator it's clear that the odd fight gets fixed, mainly the old timers matches.   To my pro wrestling eyes anyway.  I don't care though, they are often the most fun!

59 minutes ago, Loki said:

I'm not au fait with the ins and outs of MMA like you boys, but from casual watching of Bellator it's clear that the odd fight gets fixed, mainly the old timers matches.   To my pro wrestling eyes anyway.  I don't care though, they are often the most fun!

I'm not so sure about them being outright fixed, I think it's more a case of the older guys just gassing and thinking "fuck this, I'm too old to be going through a beating" when it gets a bit one-sided.

Archived