Misheard Lyrics

Steve Justice

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I had every intention of putting what the actual lyrics were, rather than just an outright no! Sorry Steve. The lyric is 'Got a long list of ex-lovers', or something very close to that.

I thought it was “got along with Starbucks lovers”, but never questioned as I figured I was just an old man and not down with the kids. Even knowing the actual lyrics and listening to it, it still sounds like “got along with Starbucks lovers”, so it’s either weird pronunciation or the wrong lyrics have just being engrained into my brain

• Awards Moderator

You're not the only one:

http://ew.com/article/2015/05/25/taylor-swift-starbucks-lovers-mom/

I thought it was too. I don't mind Taylor Swift but don't pay her too much attention, but I vaguely heard the lyrics "...Starbucks lovers... blank space baby... I'll write your name" so it kind of made sense. The way Starbucks writes your name on a cup in the blank space, yeah?

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I had every intention of putting what the actual lyrics were, rather than just an outright no! Sorry Steve. The lyric is 'Got a long list of ex-lovers', or something very close to that.

I prefer my version. 

Glad I'm not the only one to hear it that way though. She needs to learn how to talk proper. 

• Paid Members

Guy at uni once heard killing in the name of and was convinced the lyric was "fuck you I want ayran supremacy". He, quite drunk, thought this was hilarious and sang it with passion at our sikh friend. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

As a kid I thought Queen sang.....'Beelzebub has a devil for a sideboard'

Another one here.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah, it’s “Another one gone, and another one gone, Another one bites the dust”

Are you high? It's clearly "I'm gonna make a supersonic man outta Jews"

Archived