Misheard Lyrics

Steve Justice

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Re Song 2 - as kids when that first came out we didn't understand any of the lyrics, so just made our own -

Wahooooo....I shat myself with ease

Wahooooo....I figured it was last nights cheese

Wahooooo....I knew I shouldn't have farted.....all of the people ran and darted....out the windowwwwwwww

• Paid Members

Got to be That Don't Impress Me Much by Shania Twain, I was wondering for weeks why radio stations and MTV weren't censoring the bit where she sings "I can't believe you kiss your cock at night" until I found out the actual line was "I can't believe you kiss your car goodnight".

Ā 

1 hour ago, PJ Power said:

Got to be That Don't Impress Me Much by Shania Twain, I was wondering for weeks why radio stations and MTV weren't censoring the bit where she sings "I can't believe you kiss your cock at night" until I found out the actual line was "I can't believe you kiss your car goodnight".

Did ye aye?

Ā 

4 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Yep, me too.

Reassuring to know I wasn't the only one.

Another common one was Baby, One More Time. EVERYONE I knew thought she was singing "Show me how you wanna do me". The look she gives to the camera at that point doesn't give you cause to think otherwise either.

Timbaland had a song called The Way I Are, orĀ something equally as grammatically Lovecraftian. I am still convinced the bridge has an oft repeated line ā€œYou can still touch my nob, itā€™s freeā€ which is sung by a woman.Ā 

Some cracking posts, lads.Ā 

A couple more from me.Ā 

Tay-tay's 'Blank Space', I hear one line as "got along with Starbucks lovers". It's probably right and it's just some hipster reference.Ā 

Jimi Hendrix 'Purple Haze', "excuse me while I kiss this guy".Ā 

1 hour ago, Steve Justice said:

Tay-tay's 'Blank Space', I hear one line as "got along with Starbucksļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ lļ»æoveļ»ærsļ»æļ»æ"ļ»æ

As my offices resident Swifty, I was questioned about this quite often.Ā 

• Paid Members

Always love the Never Mind The Buzzcocksā€™ version of that Whitney Hoston classic:

ā€Cos Iā€™m shaving off my muff for you...ā€

Although it was only this week I realised Foo Fighters sang ā€œIā€™m looking to the sky to save meā€ in Learn To Fly as I always thought it was ā€œIā€™m looking at the scar of Davidā€. Didnā€™t even matter that it was nonsense.

Archived