Misheard Lyrics

Steve Justice

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only time I hear the radio is when Iā€™m in the wifeā€™s car and she has Radio1 or Capitol on. Anne Marieā€™s ā€œCiao, Adios Iā€™m Doneā€ sounds very much like ā€œShowerĀ the horse, Iā€™m doneā€ and the bridge in Daft Punkā€™s ā€˜Get Luckyā€™ has the line ā€œWeā€™re up all night againā€ repeated a few times but it has some sort of vocoder effect on it and it sounds like ā€œWeā€™ll rob a Ā Mexicanā€

• Paid Members

The opening line to Tidal Wave by Sub Focus is definitely 'you can't just give it away, like kidney stuffing'. Fuck knows what kidney stuffing is, but I bet it's rank.

Of course the most obvious candidate for this thread is Freed From Desire by Gala. You know, the catchy little eurodance song that football fans ruined with their shit, non-funny Will Grigg version two years ago. But I digress- My love has got no money, he's got his dungarees.

Edit: oh and not forgetting Eiffel 65, who back in 1999 were beaten up and died in Aberdeen, as I understood the lyrics.

1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

Of course the most obvious candidate for this thread is Freed From Desire by Gala. You know, the catchy little eurodance song that football fans ruined with their shit, non-funny Will Grigg version two years ago. But I digress- My love has got no money, he's got his dungarees.

I always thought it was "My love has got no money, he's got his strumba leaf", which I imagined was some sort ofĀ dodgy imported rolling tobacco.Ā Ā 

Not quite the same thing, but the OB-GYN for both of our kids was known as "Dr B", so whenever we were in the room waiting for him to arrive, I'd always sing "Can't you help me doctorĀ B, doc doc doc doc doctor B." My wife never really said anything about it, so I just presumed she knew the Gloria Estefan song I was lifting it from and that was that. Months after our second child was born, she's watching telly and the actual "Dr.Ā Beat" song comes on, which she's never heard properly in her life. She goes to me, "I thought it was just something you made up?"

5 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

At the time, I thought it was something like Trombolise. I didn't know what a trombolise was. I thought it might have been some kind of musical instrument.

This is what my Mrs sings. I imagine it to be a tiny trombone.

"Liberate" by Slipknot will always have the chorus "Loo roll, bananas" to us.

The opening line to "Linchpin" by Fear Factory definitely sounds like "Cat, gimme a pie". My kids even make a thing of singing that lyric whenever we have it on in the car.

15 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Theļ»æ opļ»æening line to "Linchpin" by Fear Factory definitely sounds like "Cat, gimme a pie". My kids even make a thinļ»æg of singing that lyric whenever we have it on in the carļ»æ.ļ»æļ»æ

We used to say it was ā€œGodļ»æĀ gave me a pieā€ but Cat also works. ThatĀ whole album is fucking rancid, to this day I canā€™t fathom what they were thinking.Ā Fear Factory wereĀ onļ»æe of my favourite bands at that timeĀ and still are to a degree, but I never forgave them for anythinļ»æg that came from thatĀ album.ļ»æ

4 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Song 2 by Blur: "I got my head shaved, by Ed Trombone-Chair".Ā 

Absolutely miles off. At least it's sort of meant to be unintelligible.Ā 

I remember Bill BaileyĀ tacklingĀ Song 2 on the lyrics game on an episode of Nevermind The Buzzcocks and him thinking "Pleased to meet you" was "Is there any jam?", which is infinitely better.

Archived