WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I'm sure there was someone else that Nigel mentioned "growing up in Manchester" moments after they'd been announced as from Birmingham, or something like that.

Think that would have been Ashton Smith, who said in a pre-tape he was born in Birmingham.

But yeah, there needs to be some coherence between the ā€œbackgroundsā€ WWE want the announcers to get over and then the actual presentation, i.e. introductions.

Iā€™ve mostlyĀ managed to tune Nigel out these days,Ā but if the next time Joseph Connors turns up and he rattles off ā€œhe lost half his ear and was left for deadā€ again Iā€™m hunting him and his Blue Peter badge down. Having said that regarding Darā€™s return- ā€œwhat a homecoming for Darā€, heā€™s only 420 miles away from where heā€™s billed from. I know Neville is from ā€œjust down the roadā€ according to Michael Cole, but heā€™s American who obviously doesnā€™t understand distance, Dar is from another country entirelyĀ 

Johnny Saint, AsĀ has been said he could work in a Jack Tunny role of the announcers making reference to him having confirmed something or appearing in the occasional pre-tape. But the pre-tape when he announced the triple threat for Night 2, heā€™s clearly reading his lines that someoneā€™s holding up out of shot. Iā€™ve nothing but respect for him and the career he had and understand that he wasnā€™t exactly a talkie person then either, but agree with the earlier post that Robbie Brookside may have been a better candidate.

Ā 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Aside from Ashton Smith, who I can't get behind at all, I thought the standard of the 16 was actually as a whole better than last time.

Was there anyone as good as Dunne this year? I'd argue that Gibson is the best all round talent in the country but I'm aware that not every one agrees. Where this tournament was better I think is that guys like Mastiff, Ligero, Coffey, Jordan etc are way more polished and memorable than HC Dyer, Roy Johnson, Saxton Huxley, Sam Gradwell and Dan Maloney.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Think that would have been Ashton Smith, who said in a pre-tape he was born in Birmingham.

He actually said he was "originally born in Birmingham", implying he was subsequently born again somewhere else.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Iā€™ve mostlyĀ managed to tune Nigel out these days,Ā but if the next time Joseph Connors turns up and he rattles off ā€œhe lost half his ear and was left for deadā€ again Iā€™m hunting him and his Blue Peter badge down. Having said that regarding Darā€™s return- ā€œwhat a homecoming for Darā€, heā€™s only 420 miles away from where heā€™s billed from. I know Neville is from ā€œjust down the roadā€ according to Michael Cole, but heā€™s American who obviously doesnā€™t understand distance, Dar is from another country entirelyĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

He also said it was "something of a homecoming" for Alisteir Black, because the Royal Albert Hall is one of the most important venues in Europe. I thought he was going to say something about Black having made his name on the UK scene, or even that he had his WWE debut on the first WWE UK tournament show, but no, being from Amsterdam is close enough for wrestling in London to be a "homecoming".

And his Blue Peter badge - it was wonky and sideways for the entire first night. There should have been someone to point that out and have him straighten it up after the first time he appeared on camera, shocking stuff.

4 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Aside from Ashton Smith, who I can't get behind at all, I thought the standard of the 16 was actually as a whole better than last time.

Was there anyone as good as Dunne this year? I'd argue that Gibson is the best all round talent in the country but I'm aware that not every one agrees. Where this tournament was better I think is that guys like Mastiff, Ligero, Coffey, Jordan etc are way more polished and memorable than HC Dyer, Roy Johnson, Saxton Huxley, Sam Gradwell and Dan Maloney.

I loved mastiff and Coffey... Is Dan Maloney still under contract I didn't rate him at all

Edited by kidzero
Mistake

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, kidzero said:

I loved mastiff and Coffey... Is Dan Maloney still under contract I didn't rate him at all

Canā€™t say I was as enthused as you. Coffeyā€™s selling at the end of the match as though he couldnā€™t stand, and then saying heā€™s going all the way in the post-match interview. Yeah, I believe you have two matches left in you if you can barely stand nowā€¦

17 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Canā€™t say I was as enthused as you. Coffeyā€™s selling at the end of the match as though he couldnā€™t stand, and then saying heā€™s going all the way in the post-match interview. Yeah, I believe you have two matches left in you if you can barely stand nowā€¦

I like Coffey I think he'll do do well in nxt UK.. Did anyone catch the wild boar vs liger match wasn't bad

Who do people see making up the tag roster? and who do they see on the women's roster?

i echo Johnny Saint not being great in the role but good to have a place there. Drake Maverick or William Regal would have been great, I would even accept Wade Barrett. That would be interesting.

from both nights some wrestlers came out of it well, some scream tag team wrestler to me and their in singles matches.

1 hour ago, kidzero said:

I like Coffey I think he'll do do well in nxt UK.. Did anyone catch the wild boar vs liger match wasn't bad

Yeah, liked the Amir Jordan vs Connors match as well. Says something for Jordan that he was likeable enough that I could ignore how boring Connors is.

• Paid Members

We got some tickets for one of the Liverpool shows. Looking forward to it.

Iā€™veĀ been wondering, will they transfer Jack Gallagher and Noam Dar Ā permanently from 205 Live to the NXT U.K. brand?Ā If nothing else, I imagine the guys would prefer to perform in front of fans making some actual noise.

Edited by Supremo