WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Regal’s book is one I’ve wanted to read for ducking ages, but it’s slways going for stupid money on eBay.

Im sure he said on Austin’s podcast that he had a tryout with WWF in 1991, so I would imagine it was the Albert Hall show. Also seems to recall him saying on that podcast about selling dodgy VCRs

I don't know if you like reading on a tablet, but theres an "all you can read" app called Sribd that has a good number of WWE and wrestling books on it, and Regal's is one of them... 

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Regal’s book is one I’ve wanted to read for ducking ages, but it’s slways going for stupid money on eBay.

Im sure he said on Austin’s podcast that he had a tryout with WWF in 1991, so I would imagine it was the Albert Hall show. Also seems to recall him saying on that podcast about selling dodgy VCRs

Really good book for a WWE release.
Probably one of the last books they published that was a "warts n all" affair, very drug heavy & brutally honest. I must have 300+ books in my wrestling collection & Regal's book resides somewhere in my top 10 :)

Edited by Lord-Mountevans

I managed to pick the hardback up from the music magpie website for £6.49 around 6 months ago so keep your eye on there.

Edit: There is currently one on eBay for ÂŁ5.68 buy it now if anyone is interested.

Edited by rollthedice

• Paid Members

Last night's show was good but the standard of talent was significantly down from the first UK Tournament. After complaining that this wasn't shown live last week, watching it made me realise that was probably the reason why - guys like that Ashton Smith fellow did not look ready for live television at all.

Absolutely cracking 6-man tag between the Undisputed Era and British Strong style though. It's been said numerous times, but it slapped you in the face here too - Pete Dunne is a level above every other UK talent and it's not even close. He's got such a superstar aura, it's going to be absolutely criminal if he ends up stuck on the NXT UK brand wrestling never-going-to-make-it guys like Wolfgang.

"Your head's too big for you!" was a brilliant chant.

Shame to hear the, "This is wrestling!" chant make a return though. I thought we'd seen the end of that shit.

The venue looked boss. Just a shame the empty seats were so visible. Seriously shocking that they didn't drop the (ridiculously high) prices to fill those seats before show time.

Edited by Supremo

37 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The venue looked boss. Just a shame the empty seats were so visible. Seriously shocking that they didn't drop the (ridiculously high) prices to fill those seats before show time.

They did.  The £70 tickets were reduced to £33 about a week before the show.  The £50 tickets were reduced to £23.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, The Dart said:

They did.  The £70 tickets were reduced to £33 about a week before the show.  The £50 tickets were reduced to £23.

Oh really? Shame. If I’d knew that I probably could’ve convinced some mates to go! I wonder if that’ll mean they’ve learnt their lesson and those upcoming tapings will be more suitably priced.

• Paid Members

I don’t care about what’s popular - Johnny Saint is rubbish. He may have been a good wrestler, I don’t know, but as an on-air authority figure he falls at every hurdle. No presence, terrible delivery, looks like he’s about to keel over, stumbling over his words like a geriatric Mike Adamle.

Four Way Fatal, indeed.

Edited by Supremo