WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Is it me or is trent seven a tosser I can't really stand him... He's full of his own self importance 

It's just you. He's fucking lovely. One of the nicest blokes I've ever met in the business. Goes out of his way for fans at live shows, especially those with special needs, and kids. He's a fucking diamond.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

Load of shite that presser. Only thing of note was Radzi's Kenneth Williams-esque "She needs no introduction but I'll give her one" for Charlotte Flair.

They always are, in fairness. The UK Tourney one in a couple of years ago was exactly the same, lots of corporate fluff. The UK PC looks great though. I'd be very curious what the location is for it. Assuming somewhere in and around London? 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Snugglecakes said:

Enfield apparently.

Makes sense. Lots of warehouse space and parking. Presumably it's on an industrial estate beside a carpet wholesalers and a DPD depot.

Edited by mim731
spelling

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Makes sense. Lots of warehouse space and parking. Presumably it's on an industrial estate beside a carpet wholesalers and a DPD depot.

It does look like a big warehouse with "offices" built out plywood in a corner. Like a big carpet shop or the home of Lucha Underground.

• Paid Members

Aye it's something silly like 600 days now. I hope they don't put it on Coffey at Takeover just to get it off Dunne, even with Gallus I don't see him as a big enough draw as champion for the brand. I know Dunne has to go on to bigger and better things soon and the main roster beckons, but Coffey doesn't feel like the answer for me. 

6 minutes ago, The Dart said:

I saw someone post a few days a go about how long Pete Dunne's title reign has been.  They said something along the lines of "when he won the title I was in high school, I'm now in my second year at University and he's still champ"

If we're doing this, I got drunk and bought his "500 dayz" t shirt 100 dayz ago.

• Paid Members

IIRC, Michaels was a producer on a few of the NXT UK tapings. I imagine he's there in the early going to get things up and running as WWE expect, before handing over to whoever the UK Performance Centre crew are likely to be; likely Johnny Saint, Marty Jones and Johnny Moss.