WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

• Paid Members

Rev Pro and Riptide are two promotions who are putting a lot of emphasis on story telling. Rev Pro have great little Cock Pit shows to string together engaging stories and Riptide have their own great angles along with, arguably, the best production values for an independent I have ever seen. There's still a lot for casuals to latch onto and the party vibe of most promotions means people are always bring along there non-fan friends for the ride.

But if you have this NXT-UK brand putting on shows and tapings, how many are going to choose to travel to those shows instead of other promotions? I myself can only really afford to go to one show per month, once you factor in travel costs into the ticket prices, and I imagine a fair few will be in my position. Whether you're a hardcore fan or a casual fan, are you more likely to attend the WWE-UK shows or the likes of a Rev Pro or Riptide? It wouldn't shock me to see WWE place these shows around bigger independent events too, something they already have precedent in.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy about this, as I also have a lot of excitement for what can come from this. I went to the first UK tournament and wrote a glowing piece on here about how much the show meant to me. Night 2 is probably the best all-round show I've ever been too. Pete Dunne, as well as Tyler Bate and Trent Seven, has benefited massively from this. Dunne especially has been an incredible revelation and has been exposed to a huge fanbase who didn't know who he was a year ago. So there can be huge positives, I just don't trust WWE enough to do what's best for both sides.

41 minutes ago, Supremo said:

As if it wasn’t bad enough not showing last nights show live, Triple H is now posting spoilers on Twitter like a daft old grandad.

Ughhh, it's gonna be a long week. Thanks for the heads-up though.

I'm definitely gonna go to the Liverpool tapings, it should be interesting as it's a theatre-style room. And there should be well established characters and storylines by then, it's fasinating to think how those shows will look by then.

Are there going to be UK-based "PPVs" for the Network, or are they gonna tag on UK matches onto Takeovers? I like the idea of one supershow a year, maybe the night before Mania, as the one time NXT UK has matches over there, possibly with an NXT US vs NXT UK gimmick.

6 hours ago, Simpo said:

Ughhh, it's gonna be a long week. Thanks for the heads-up though.

I'm definitely gonna go to the Liverpool tapings, it should be interesting as it's a theatre-style room. And there should be well established characters and storylines by then, it's fasinating to think how those shows will look by then.

Are there going to be UK-based "PPVs" for the Network, or are they gonna tag on UK matches onto Takeovers? I like the idea of one supershow a year, maybe the night before Mania, as the one time NXT UK has matches over there, possibly with an NXT US vs NXT UK gimmick.

That would be good in an Ashes style format where the home advantage changes each year as it were. Might make an interesting TakeOver.

33 minutes ago, meexcellent said:

Stay off wwe uk championship and wwe next Facebook pages they are posting spoilers!

Why the hell is it on network one week later if they want to post results.  Stopped following tna uk due to this.

Why a negative reaction?????? 

Now says I have a poor community reputation!!!!

Gotta love ukff.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, meexcellent said:

Why the hell is it on network one week later if they want to post results.  Stopped following tna uk due to this.

You stopped following TNA because WWE spoiled the UK Championship tournament for you? Bizarre behavior.

3 hours ago, meexcellent said:

Why a negative reaction?????? 

Now says I have a poor community reputation!!!!

Gotta love ukff.

I wouldn't worry about the reputation thing on here; there seems to be no reason for many down votes. In fact, if you have some negative points then it just snowballs from there regardless of content.

Edited by Sphinx

5 hours ago, Sphinx said:

I wouldn't worry about the reputation thing on here; there seems to be no reason for many down votes. In fact, if you have some negative points then it just snowballs from there regardless of content.

Thanks Sphinx. 

Was -1 when I went to bed, -8 when I woke up!

Hoping people are thinking it's a dislike button inreaction to the works of wwe fb, rather than knowing they are putting negatives against my profile.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, meexcellent said:

Thanks Sphinx. 

Was -1 when I went to bed, -8 when I woke up!

Hoping people are thinking it's a dislike button inreaction to the works of wwe fb, rather than knowing they are putting negatives against my profile.

You get a one week ban for every -10.

The wife and I managed to scrape front row seats for last nights Albert Hall show, and we loved every moment. It was a real feel-good show, and without treading into spoiler territory, each match, (bar one) delivered. Incredible presentation, which wasn't going to be hampered by a slight word-slip-snafu from Johnny Saint. One observation: The Dream does actually ooze confidence and charisma. It's almost palpable. I have a bit of a crush it seems.