WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Woah that is a massive presumption. Surely that comment could be perceived as racist itself as your making a presumption due to her skin colour, I have or did not mention skin colour once.

I called her Indian because I thought the name Khan was an Indian name and I thought her character in corrie was supposed to be Indian as I presumed the restraunt the family run was an Indian Restraunt. 

I know you didn't miss me telling you to shut the fuck up about this because you upvoted the post where I told you to do so.

Keith has let it lie since I asked you both to stop boring everyone so not sure why you thought it was a good idea to bring it back up again?

Have some time off.

They've given Johnny Saint a mouthpiece the poor old fucker. Didn't realize he was 77. In hindsight probably a bit daft giving him such a prominent role at his age. He always looks like someones Great-Grandad whenever he's got involved in the scuffles. That's because he probably is. 

Devlin is good isn't he? 

• Paid Members

Who have they given him as a mouthpiece? It's great that they're paying recognition to such a British legend, but that role isn't for him. That role is a part, for a character- otherwise it's essentially pointless in this day and age.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Who have they given him as a mouthpiece? It's great that they're paying recognition to such a British legend, but that role isn't for him. That role is a part, for a character- otherwise it's essentially pointless in this day and age.

If WOS don't get a second season, I'd like to see Wade Barrett/Stu Bennett in that role. As the authority figure he was one of the few highlights of WOS, and with the WWE production he could be superb, plus then you have a GM who can actually wrestle should they ever wish to go down that road. I appreciate it's unlikely for several reasons, but it would have been a nice fit potentially.

I'd be very curious who they can put with Saint to speak for him, no-one immediately springs to mind from the people under contract. 

8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Sid Scala was appointed as his ''assistant'' on the most recent round of episodes, taking on most of the verbage including the matchmaking while Saint shadowed him.  

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

If WOS don't get a second season, I'd like to see Wade Barrett/Stu Bennett in that role. As the authority figure he was one of the few highlights of WOS, and with the WWE production he could be superb, plus then you have a GM who can actually wrestle should they ever wish to go down that road. I appreciate it's unlikely for several reasons, but it would have been a nice fit potentially.

I'd be very curious who they can put with Saint to speak for him, no-one immediately springs to mind from the people under contract. 

With certain promotions under affiliation to WWE at the moment including ICW - I think Rudo/Red Lightning could be a shout for that role, based on past experience in doing same thing under one of the WWE banner companies. The other companies as far as I know didn't utilise heel GM or anything of that nature.

You're right about Stu Bennett, to be honest I thought he took the job simply to try and perhaps get something similar from WWE (akin to JR - they signed him back to a contract to keep him away from WOS Season 2 and essentially he did nothing).

Wade Barrett was pretty good at the commentary, one of the few good things on WOS, he could go to either Raw or Smackdown  and either be a heel announcer, so Graves doesn't have to do both shows or even an authority figure, he's a much better talker than Corbin or Paige. He may not want Vince in his ear telling him what to say every week and the traveling though and he may want the freedom to use his own name, while he stars in B level movies

4 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Also, why on earth does Jordan Devlin have the bloody Arizona desert in the background of his entrance video?

I was wondering that last episode I watched. I’m so far behind now after a few busy weeks at work, but I saw the thumbnail for the latest episode had Travis Banks on it, which means I’m now not looking forward to that as I’ve never rated him