Winners: Germany. 

Golden Boot (top scorer): Andrej Kramaric

Golden Ball (best player): Isco

Best young player award (21 & under as at Jan 18): Kylian Mbappe

England's scapegoat- who will get the blame for their exit: Dele Alli or Raheem Sterling

Surprise package (team): Croatia

The Bryan Ruiz award (surprise package, but a player): Renato Tapia or Hirving Lozano

Biggest disappointment (team or player) : Argentina

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Winners: Brazil

Golden Boot (top scorer😞 Radamel Falcao

Golden Ball (best player): Neymar

Best young player award (21 & under as at Jan 18): Kylian Mbappe

England's scapegoat- who will get the blame for their exit: Premier League teams for causing a lack of depth in the talent pool

Surprise package (team): Colombia

The Bryan Ruiz award (surprise package, but a player): Guerrero

Biggest disappointment (team or player) : Belgium

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Quelle fucking surprise!!

There are underlying reasons I think Portugal will do well not just the Iberian links with Wolves.

The Euros success and now the fact their squad is stronger and with a lot more talent that has come through, Gonçalo Guedes for example.

However I truly feel this is potentially Ronaldo's World Cup swan song. There's that old adage that you (I don't know why) need a World Cup under your belt to be classed in that elite 'greatest ever' bracket (even though Cruyff is the greatest player of all time), and I believe Ronaldo will want this and work so hard for it this World Cup. It could be that one thing that separates him from Messi.

There Midfield is strong, they have a belting defence, especially with the likes of Ruben Dias breaking through.

They have a core of players that have tasted International success and a mix of fresher and fantastic talent breaking through that I think could be a great mix.

They could also crash and burn if Spain do them over in their opener, but I just get a feeling with Portugal this World Cup.

86 I remember in parts. I was 5 but I remember vividly the Morocco game on a black and white TV watch Butch chucking the ball at the ref and getting a red. 

But 90. Nessun Dorma. The San Siro looking out of this world and futuristic. Gazza. New Order, Lothar Matthäus and Cameroon being the major things I took from it. 

Well worth a look if you have an hour.

I can't wait though. 2 days is too long to wait. 

• Paid Members

Winners: France.

Golden Boot (top scorer): Antonie Griezmann

Golden Ball (best player): Neymar

Best young player award (21 & under as at Jan 18): Gabriel Jesus

England's scapegoat- who will get the blame for their exit: Dele Alli

Surprise package (team): Uruguay

The Bryan Ruiz award (surprise package, but a player): Marcos Rojo/Emil Forsberg

Biggest disappointment (team or player): Russia (not leaving the group) and Mo Salah.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

They could also crash and burn if Spain do them over in their opener, but I just get a feeling with Portugal this World Cup.

Well there could be some serious unrest in the Spain camp now. The Spanish FA are calling a press conference this morning, where some are speculating that they are going to replace head coach Lopetegui after he accepted the Real Madrid job. The day before the World Cup begins! Mental. There must be something special about him, if Spain, Read Madrid and Sporting Wolverhampton have all been clamouring for him.

• Paid Members

Winners: Uruguay 

Golden Boot (top scorer): Robert Lewandowski

Golden Ball (best player): Luis Suarez

Best young player award (21 & under as at Jan 18): Ousman Dembele

England's scapegoat- who will get the blame for their exit: Raheem Sterling

Surprise package (team): Mexico

The Bryan Ruiz award (surprise package, but a player): Hirving Lozano

Biggest disappointment (team or player) : Germany

• Paid Members

Winners: France 

Golden Boot (top scorer): Lukaku

Golden Ball (best player): MBappe

Best young player award (21 & under as at Jan 18): Ousman Dembele

England's scapegoat- who will get the blame for their exit: Raheem Sterling

Surprise package (team): Egypt

The Bryan Ruiz award (surprise package, but a player): Hirving Lozano

Biggest disappointment (team or player) : Germany

• Paid Members

I'm going for a madness...

Winners: England.

Golden Boot (top scorer):  Harry Kane.

Golden Ball (best player): Harry Kane.

Best young player award (21 & under as at Jan 18):  Dele Alli (was 21 in January)

England's scapegoat- who will get the blame for their exit: THEY'RE GOING TO WIN THE FUCKIN' THING. But, yeah, Sterling.

Surprise package (team): England.

The Bryan Ruiz award (surprise package, but a player):  Not sure if he counts from an English perspective but Marcus Rashford.

Biggest disappointment (team or player):  Spain.

I got England, South Korea and Serbia in my work's World Cup sweepstakes, which I'm actually quite pleased with.

• Paid Members

Interesting that most of us have gone for a similar theme when it comes to predicting England's scapegoat. It really speaks volumes about how we feel about our wonderful media and their 'hidden' agenda.

Well this World Cup is hitting the ground running with big news before it has even started.

Seems madness to sack him now, I get they weren't happy with him taking the Madrid job but surely keeping him was a better option then now finding a replacement just 2 days before the opening game.

Winners: Germany

Golden Boot (top scorer): Timo Werner

Golden Ball (best player): Lionel Messi (just because it's him and all that)

Best young player award (21 & under as at Jan 18): Timo Werner

England's scapegoat- who will get the blame for their exit: Gary Cahill (old, slow, etc)

Surprise package (team): Iceland

The Bryan Ruiz award (surprise package, but a player): Marco Asensio

Biggest disappointment (team or player): Belgium

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said:

Seems madness to sack him now, I get they weren't happy with him taking the Madrid job but surely keeping him was a better option then now finding a replacement just 2 days before the opening game.

It does, but reading the comments from the Spanish FA President you can understand that they had little choice. They didn't know he was even approached for the Real job, let alone accepted the role, until 5 mins before Real announced it. 2 days before the World Cup as well, after having just signed a contract extension with Spain only a few weeks ago.

Archived