• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

This  tournament seems to have been mostly about being  organised at the back, and able to try and nick a goal. If Italy had managed to qualify for this one they'd be dead certs to win it,surely. I'm gutted they're not here.

• Paid Members

So, thus far, Argentina, Brazil, France (despite winning) and Germany have all been less than scintillating. I know Spain didn't win, but based just on these one group games, you can't look past them as winners.

I thought Shaqiri was very tidy today. Hopefully that'll shut up all the Twitter Spurs fans crying that he's not good enough for us. I think he'd be an excellent addition to the Spurs squad.

Also, Serbia won. I'm going to win the works sweepstakes!

Do they not have officials on the goaline now that they're using the technology?

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Do they not have officials on the goaline now that they're using the technology?

Nope, they haven't had them for ages as they would serve no purpose. I don't even think they were able to assist the ref with decisions other than goal-line.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the Germany game a lot yesterday. Yes, Germany were shit, but some of counterattacks by Mexico were glorious. While Brazil were not at their best in the later game, I do think they win that 7/8 times out of 10 based on the performance and I wouldn't be cacking it yet if I were then.

Onwards to England, and a glorious 1-1 dullfest. 

2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

How are you feeling now?

:) what made it even better was the local vicar walking past him, straight into the pub!*

*if I put this on Twitter, I'd be in undated with all of those Didn't Happen memes  wouldn't I?

The pub I'm going to tonight is offering free shots for every England goal scored. Can't work out if that's a silly strategy or not as the place is always packed.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

some of counterattacks by Mexico were glorious

Until the point where they needed the right pass to score a goal! They could have easily by 2 or 3 with the 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 counters they had.

• Paid Members

Chris Waddle is hilarious as always on 5 Live. At least he is during the England game.

• Paid Members

I mean, referees don't get much worse than that do they? Shocking not to give at least one of those bear hugs on Kane as a penalty. 

We were much better than I was hoping. Kane did fuck all but score 2 goals, and really, that's all we needed from him. Clever movement for his second goal to make the space and anticipate the ball. 

• Paid Members

The first 30 minutes were the best I have seen from England in years! It's a shame they just withered away afterwards. Some lovely movement that just needed better composure and we could have been out of sight.

Archived