I haveĀ  vague memories of the 86 and 90 World Cups. There were some cracking songs. World In MotionĀ  is one of the all time greats. The 98 version of Three Lions was alright, but it was all diminishing returns with subsequent rehashings. The German version by DJ Otzi and the Hermes House Band in 2006 was an atrocity, but unsurprisingly quite UbiquitusĀ  during my road trip with three friends to Germany forĀ  the first week of the group stages.2006 will always beĀ  my World Cup.

I'll invariably be following Japan to their inevitable first round exit. I was on the edge of my seat for the last 40 minutes of Iceland Vs Argentina yesterday. I can see them sneaking through to the second round depending on how Argentina do in their other group games.

39 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

"He went down like super mario ... if a bad computer game player was playing it."

:/

I wasnt sure if i actually heard that, absolute belterĀ and banging on about the price of beer and petrol in the first half šŸ¤£

ThisĀ  tournament seems to have been mostly about beingĀ  organised at the back, and able to try and nick a goal. If Italy had managed to qualify for this one they'd be dead certs to win it,surely. I'm gutted they're not here.

So, thus far, Argentina, Brazil, France (despite winning) and Germany have all been less than scintillating. I know Spain didn't win, but based just on these one group games, you can't look past them as winners.

I thought Shaqiri was very tidy today. Hopefully that'll shut up all the Twitter Spurs fans crying that he's not good enough for us. I think he'd be an excellent addition to the Spurs squad.

Also, Serbia won. I'm going to win the works sweepstakes!

Do they not have officials on the goaline now that they're using the technology?

15 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Do they not have officials on the goaline now that they're using the technology?

Nope, they haven't had them for ages as they would serve no purpose. I don't even think they were able to assist the ref with decisions other than goal-line.