• Paid Members

Guedes seemed to freeze in that game.

Even though he's had a torrid time in Milan, Andre Silva should be starting, his link up play with Ronaldo was great in the Qualifiers.

Portugal did look ropey. Carvalho looked somewhat immobile, I think they're really going to miss Danilo in the middle on that performance. And Ruben Dias should be starting at the back.

Ronaldo is going to drag that team through though. HE wants that World Cup.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that has been getting on my tits is the "Messi and Ronaldo can't be considered the best ever if they don't win a world cup." No, Portugal and Argentina can't be considered the best teams ever if they don't win it.

Gotta stop listening to Talkshite.

• Paid Members

I haveĀ  vague memories of the 86 and 90 World Cups. There were some cracking songs. World In MotionĀ  is one of the all time greats. The 98 version of Three Lions was alright, but it was all diminishing returns with subsequent rehashings. The German version by DJ Otzi and the Hermes House Band in 2006 was an atrocity, but unsurprisingly quite UbiquitusĀ  during my road trip with three friends to Germany forĀ  the first week of the group stages.2006 will always beĀ  my World Cup.

I'll invariably be following Japan to their inevitable first round exit. I was on the edge of my seat for the last 40 minutes of Iceland Vs Argentina yesterday. I can see them sneaking through to the second round depending on how Argentina do in their other group games.

Archived