I feel for Nacho because without that free kick everyone would be talking about his strike.  Can't beat a game that had two contenders for goal of the tournament.

I'm not sure how the draw works in the later rounds but can see Portugal & Spain meeting again later on in the Semis or Final. I still don't think Portugal have enough to win it though, they don't look as solid as they did in the Euros and Ronaldo aside they look toothless up front. That said I think if anyone will knock Spain out then its Ronaldo. If Portugal win the World Cup then Ronaldo deserves the title of the greatest of all time.

I really enjoyed that game last night, It was the first of the WC games i had watched, and it was only a last minute decision to do so, i am glad i did! This may be ronaldo's last chance to win the world cup, and with a performance like that last night, Portugal have to be in with a good shout. 

53 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

I really enjoyed that game last night, It was the first of the WC games i had watched, and it was only a last minute decision to do so, i am glad i did! This may be ronaldo's last chance to win the world cup, and with a performance like that last night, Portugal have to be in with a good shout. 

I understand why people are saying that, but it's important to remember that it took a Ronaldo performance like that and a rare De Gea mistake for them to scrape a draw against a Spain team that's only had their manager for 2 days. Need to be careful to not get carried away. 

Yeah, as amazing as Ronaldo is, they're not in with a good shout unless the rest of their team steps us. That isn't going to happen with that defence because it's been ropey for a while now. Their best hope is to attack but Guedes especially will need to be far better than he was last night.

Guedes seemed to freeze in that game.

Even though he's had a torrid time in Milan, Andre Silva should be starting, his link up play with Ronaldo was great in the Qualifiers.

Portugal did look ropey. Carvalho looked somewhat immobile, I think they're really going to miss Danilo in the middle on that performance. And Ruben Dias should be starting at the back.

Ronaldo is going to drag that team through though. HE wants that World Cup.

Best thing about that France Australia game was how the BBC coverage went blank whenever Phil Neville spoke in the post match analysis.  

Great defensive performance from Iceland today. The streets of Reykjavik will be swimming in protein laden yoghurt tonight. I bet Ronaldo would have had his pants down over that Messi penalty miss if they weren't so tight.

Edited by The Maestro
Because Stone Cold said so

One thing that has been getting on my tits is the "Messi and Ronaldo can't be considered the best ever if they don't win a world cup." No, Portugal and Argentina can't be considered the best teams ever if they don't win it.

Gotta stop listening to Talkshite.

I miss the days of the cracking opening themes to the programmes that would get you going and shit. Now it's just generic stuff.

The Brazil ones were pretty good, but this one still remains the best for me

My favourite was BBC using Ode To Joy for Euro 96. What a wonderful piece of music, so pomp.