Kanchelskis was some player. One of my first players I liked. He did take the piss out a bit out of Ayr United in that Scottish Cup Semi-Final (or was it the Final) though. No need for that.

Kinkladze was my favourite player* during the 95/96 season. If he’d have signed for Newcastle I’d have been the happiest child in the world. We got Ketsbaia a couple of years later, but he was no Georgi and we all knew it.

*other than Les Ferdinand, obviously

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Serbia vs Switzerland was quite the spectacle. That double team on Mitrovic was terrible, especially when the ref just waved it away right  before giving the free kick for something much more minor at the other end. There's no denying Switzerland's talent,but that incident potentially robbed Serbia of at least a point. If they end up going out now there'll be some very unhappy campers.

Nigeria were like a completely different team in the second half of the Iceland game and deserved to win the game given that performance. You've got to wonder whether they can get something from Argentina in the final group game and sneak through to the last 16. Groups D & E have been very interesting so far.. Although Groups F & H could also be interesting today and tomorrow as well.

7 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

*other than Les Ferdinand, obviously

Obviously.

Screenshot_2018-06-23-14-02-26.png

England vs Belgium could be quality. Two teams whom have looked dangerous going forward with susceptible defenses. I think we're getting goals in that one.

I think we beat Panama, but get tonked by Belgium. Players such as De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku etc are going to be used to how we defend due to every fucker in our team being from the Premier League. Don't see us coming out of that with anything sadly.

18 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

England vs Belgium could be quality.

It'll probably be shit. If England beat Panama tomorrow, then both teams will have qualified. With no team in particular to avoid from Group H, why make a huge effort to win the group? I expect to see the likes of Vardy, Delph, Tielemans and Chadli play out a draw.

Martinez has already said he’s going to make a lot of changes, Hazard Lukaku and Mertens have “minor injuries” as well so I suspect England will follow suit. Be a dull 1-1 or 0-0 probably which will do of course.

Could be better to finish 2nd anyway depending on what happens with Brazil and Germany in their respective groups

Edited by Doog

What a comeback, and what drama from Germany vs Sweden. Cracking finish from Kroos too.

I absolutely hate the "You can never write off the Germans" line, but when they stink the place out for 94 minutes then pull it out of the bag like that it's hard to say anything else. 

Is anyone else totally sick of the Seven Nation Army chant at football matches? "Dun DUN DUN DUN dun dun". Fuck off, please.

4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Totti is to blame for that, isn't he?

According to political Twitter, Jeremy Corbyn is to blame, not only for this but for everything else.

2 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Is anyone else totally sick of the Seven Nation Army chant at football matches? "Dun DUN DUN DUN dun dun". Fuck off, please.

One of the reasons its used is because used is because you face seven nations to win it. Or maybe I'm looking too much into it.

11 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

One of the reasons its used is because used is because you face seven nations to win it. Or maybe I'm looking too much into it.

From what I read, it started at Euro 2016.

16 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

From what I read, it started at Euro 2016.

Nah, Club Brugge were singing it not long after it came out, then they played Roma and as mentioned, Totti was captivated by it and then it was all over Italy.  It's been Michael Van Gerwins walk on music in darts for years.