Classic uk pro wrestling Presents Reality Check

CUKPW

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, CUKPW said:

Fee's are no ones business, only between the promoter and talent sir. 

Dvd is on sale at a cost of £7 for Fans and £5 for talent who were on the shows.

I thought you were keeping things like that between the promoter and talent? 🙊

New Prices on  Classic UK Pro Wrestling Merchandise. These prices include the post and packaging 

Mugs - £10.00

Coaster - £5.00

Keyrings - £5.00

Hoodies - £25

DVD: £7 to Fans OR £5 for wrestlers on the show

The main event from the debut classic uk pro wrestling show High Voltage.

Triple Threat match for 2 championships. LPW Championship and the Classic 
UK Pro wrestling championship. 

The first fall is for the LPW Championship and the second fall is for the Classic 
UK Pro wrestling championship. 

Would like to hear your opinions and comments 

THANKS

• Paid Members

Quick editing feedback: One of your camera feeds is out of sync. When you move away from the 'hard' cam, there's a repeat of about half-a-second - look at 6.50-6.51. The sound is also synced up to the second camera, so the first blue thunder bomb has no sound. In an earlier bit (6.20), it's even worse - you see him jump for the double-dropkick and then it cuts straight to him having already hit it. This means your editor has edited out the high-spot! Skipping ahead, it happens a bunch of times with high-spots and kick-outs. You actually miss the kick-outs a bunch of times. 

It's probably not out by much, but it's really distracting (especially once you notice it). Make sure your feeds are synced up when you start editing, both to the sound and to each other. It really doesn't take long to do, and it's enough of a basic that it should literally be the first thing you do once you put the video into the editing software.

Really, I'd suggest fixing this before selling it to anyone. You can't sell people DVDs of events that are edited like this.

• Paid Members

Ok let's for once start with a positive. What I like about the video is the fact that unlike previous LPW / CUKPW attempts, the presenter who has in the past been female, with a 'I hope nobody I know see's me in here, I need the payday bored look', has been changed and is now the most entertaining part. The way he introduced the match with such sarcasm made me genuinely crack up, "dangerous!!". This time out there was much more enthusiasm and should be hired again, even if he did come across like he was taking the piss.

Now for the negatives.

Its hard not to miss on the video mix given, in numerous instances there are quick camera changes. I would guess this was a way to attempt to try and mask the botched spots. It was too obvious and was quite poorly shot. Another camerea taping the show whould have been useful. But as I'm thinking the mixing was either cheaply done or the recorder has probably picked up that they could pass off a half arsed attempt, so I presume it wouldn't have made a difference. As the wrestlers did not look the part it could easily be a number of reasons.

Regardless, it's not worth investing further costs next time as I can't see it being re-couped in DVD sales.

Although the three couldn't wrestle, the one with the green hair at least had a look. Not body wise, as he looked too skinny to come off as plausible, but he at least made some effort with his hair and wardrobe. The whole match had a very trainee-esc presentation. They can be forgiven to an extent as this will be seen as a pay day and so wouldn't have been at 100%. Like Ronaldo playing for Juves reserve team in a preseason behind closed doors match against Dudley knowing that he has a first team return to a sold out Bernabau to play Real in the Champions League. That analogy was only about effort not quality.

Also it's noticeable that all but two of the crowd are sat on their hands. It was a shame that those two were never shown on film, as nobody visible looked remotely intererested. Even if they did sound like Primary School kids going to the wrestling, anything is better than nothing!! I can't help but think they may have been a little disappointed however, had their parents said it's like watching  Roman Reigns or John Cena. 

As for the commentary next time it would be better leaving it off and to the viewers imagination. This was because it sounded far off what you would expect off even the most amateur announcer, acting as hinderance instead of help. This is in the unlikely event that any of the performers wanted to purchase a copy for their self promotion. Those on the show would be the market I would aim at selling then too.

A couple of pointers. The commentator  had a very low, basic vocabulary and kept falling over his words. No focus on storylines and very little variation in comment, they Irritatingly kept trying to put emphasis on the prestege of the titles. With the quality of the presention it would be hard to find another person who held that view. I do suspect you did the commentary. If not please don't say he got paid as along with the in ring 'entertainment' the commentary was Shitarsary at its best.

The venue was a slight improvement on Harehills, but then anywhere would be.

When compared to the material put out by other promotions in Leeds it's night and day. Admittedly this show was free, but I guess it needed to be (even then only drew a reported maximum of 40 people to the show, which it's been stated at least 30 of which were there for either family and friends or the next show). If I was to be charged, looking at promotional material RISE looks a much slicker, professional, atmospheric and entertaining product. More of a night out a full, lively and mixed crowd.

This looks like a high cost, low income presentation where you wonder how if monitised profit can be made.

In Bowlers promotional career we have seen the growth of Progress, ICW, Squared Circle Radio presenters get onto US radio and the general growth of the British Scene.

However for someone's circa 20th attempt over 6 years, this looks like their first effort. Adam some advice, STOP spunking your money on something is not only failing but plain embarrassing. WWE, ROH or Impact will not be watching.

Unlike most people, for you it's hard to gauge what success would be. A £1 profit? 50 people or saving your money and stop letting unmotivated, under qualified people overcharge and rip you off. 

If I was to pay those that deserved it, only the venue, ring hire and filming would be paid and that would be at the lower end of the scale.

Oh and to my disappointment why was the Leeds Professional Wrestling title refered to as the LPW Title and the Classic Pro Wrestling World title only refered to by name and not initials. At least give your biggest USP a nod. Does World also mean that you now intend to promote internationally? Because that would be interesting.

Ok...
Lots of rookie mistakes in this presentation. For a start, never should have ended the show with a 3 way match for 2 titles. As I understand it, this was your first show in a while with what looked to be a whole new audience, you need to get people to care about the characters before you introduce title belts. Also, that was indy style match performed in front of a family audience, no just no. Family audiences don't give a monkey's about high spots, they want good guys vs bad guys. Book for your audience not what you think sounds good on paper.

Caz Crash I have seen before, He worked for us a while back in a tag team called The Proven but the other 2 guys didn't look show ready to me. I'd have made it a 1 on 1 match with clearly defined hero and villain. I agree about the commentator, just didn't work. Maybe have the ring announcer do commentary with the other guy?

On the plus side, it was nice to see a 2004 style match in 2018, so that's something.

Training. Training = Practise. Doing this eliminates many of the errors displayed by those who've not done so. This should be done before asking people to part with money. It is possible to improve skills in wrestling, interview technique, commentary, business acumen, camera work, website design, promoting, editing, advertising, how an actual wrestling show works and more, with the correct training. I feel for those attempting to break into the wrestling scene today, as standards are so high. Attempting to break in having done little to none of that previously mention training will struggle, and ultimately fail, damaging, (if only very slightly) the opportunities for others to make money from the business. If you're serious about benefiting the UK scene, and pro-wrestling as a whole, leave it, learn, take the time and earn the pride in yourself to only attempt this again once you've truly reached a level of professionalism that warrants the ticket costs, and have garnered enough creativity to offer an audience something new, exciting and worth the time of the people you'd be employing to fulfill required roles.      

• Paid Members

I've got to agree with some of the comment above. It looked so amateurish which would put even my wrestling obsessed kids off wanting to go(which I could imagine is one of your target demographics?). 

Also, why is this match the main event when, by the sounds of it you had some quality performers like the Knight's on the show? Even if they didn't feel they should receive top billing, it is their match/matches that I would have released publicly to try and get eyes on my promotion. The match you showed looked very much like a trainees match, and while they may very well have potential, the match didn't show your promotion in a great light.

Archived