Mark Sloan

lightningxlock

Does anybody know what the main man is up to these days? Not heard anything of him for a long time now. Is he involved with Rev Pro. I was always under the impression he'd be back with more Dragon Gate or maybe something along the lines of the Pro Wrestling Octane idea that sadly never came to fruition. The landscape in the UK is a fair bit different from the days of the DG and NOAH supershows what with multiple companies putting on big shows every weekend and you have Rev Pro regularly bringing in New Japan talent, 4FW bringing in Michinoku Pro and All Japan guys in recent years, EVE bringing in some of Joshi's finest and even Fight Club Pro brought in some DG guys last year. 

That withstanding I'd be more than up for another round of Dragon Gate, NOAH or whatever else shows. 

He helped me with my dissertation on professional wrestling as theatre and spoke at great length despite no benefit to him to do so. A great guy with a sensible mind for the business. I wanted to speak to him at ROH in Doncaster but didn't catch him. His wrestling store business seems to be ticking over nicely too. 

Sounds like he's doing well and probably could do without the stress of organizing tours for Japanese promotions. NOAH is almost a completely different company to the one we saw in 2011 (?) and Dragon Gate doesn't seem to get the attention it once did but I'd be well up for a show from either

• Paid Members

He’s a proper good lad. One of the better promoters to both engage with and purchase from. I’ve had plenty of good experiences with him.

I remember on the build up to the NOAH show. I shared the event info on a number of sites etc. When I got to the event itself he presented me with a poster signed by everyone on the card. 

Was chuffed to bits.

• Paid Members
On 6/1/2018 at 2:27 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

I remember on the build up to the NOAH show. I shared the event info on a number of sites etc. When I got to the event itself he presented me with a poster signed by everyone on the card.

That beyond the call of duty nice. What a nice thing to do.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

That beyond the call of duty nice. What a nice thing to do.

Aye.

I offered him some money for it but he refused so we agreed that I’d donate a few quid to a charity of his choice.

I tried to link in with him recently actually about the Grapple Arcade stuff, and whilst he did respond he’s clearly stupidly busy. I’m really happy that it all seems to have gone well for him. 

He’s a perfect example of keeping his head down and who in check. Never heard a single bad word said about him.

If you’re still in the north east Ian and have nowt planned on Tuesday, you should pop along mate.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Mark's one of the good ones. Was always cool with me, friendly and outgoing, and once sorted me out with free DGUK tickets years ago.

Funnily enough I spotted him at ROH in Doncaster (and at the Lucha at York Hall last year) and it got me thinking about Dragon Gate UK.  They were pretty much the only shows I made the effort to attend live at that time, and I assumed they would continue... but then... there was just never another show.  I’d love to know exactly why that project came to a somewhat abrupt end.

• Paid Members

The last DGUK shows happened on the exact 5th anniversary of DGUSA becoming a thing. There was never a DGUSA 5th anniversary show as they stopped going there, and then didn't come here again either.

Archived