Roman Reigns *Spoilers and all that*

IANdrewDiceClay

I think the success of Strowman and fuck up of Jason Jordan shows that this is all on WWE’s shoulders and not the fans just being awkward dickheads. 

Roman doesn’t need to go heel, he just needs to be a badass who does one line promos. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Reigns could do with a break, a year or so out (obviously not wishing ill health) would do him the world of good. Thinking back to the attitude era you would always have superstars off for a few months at a time (injuries) and it always freshened them up when they came back, these days Reigns is on Raw every single week, on every single show (house/ppv) and it does get tedious for the fans. To my knowledge he has only had one injury hasn't he and that illness that kept him off for a month or so?

Also think he is much better when being himself, another good example is when RAW was cancelled for bad weather the other year and he did that sit down interview with Brock (assuming that was done at WWE HQ?). Was fairly last minute but was probably one of his best interviews and he even looked the part

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I think the success of Strowman and fuck up of Jason Jordan shows that this is all on WWE’s shoulders and not the fans just being awkward dickheads. 

Roman doesn’t need to go heel, he just needs to be a badass who does one line promos. 

I sort of agree. The fans being dicks doesn't excuse just how badly he's been booked. On the few, brief occasions that he's been booked properly, he's been cheered. He looked like the coolest cunt in the world on the Raw after Sheamus cashed in on him in 2015. No whining. No complaining. He just turned up, punched Sheamus in the face and took his belt back. Then they cut his balls off about five minutes later.

I think he does need to turn heel though. He's not winning the fans back as a babyface and, frankly, from a kayfabe perspective, it seems absurd that he hasn't done it by now. Continually trying to win the fans approval, when they clearly hate him, just makes him look like an even bigger loser. Fucking hell, Braun started getting cheered BECAUSE he kept trying to kill Roman. How in the fuck would that not make you tell the fans to ram it?

With that said, I still think they should've turned him at Wrestlemania 33. Ambrose helping Rollins beat HHH and then both of them immediately turning to help Roman "retire" the Undertaker would've got incredible heel heat. It also would've been a far better Shield reunion than the one we ended up with.

10 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I think the negative reaction to Reigns was initially the fans being awkward dickheads, but WWE have shown such disdain for their own audience by refusing to countenance anyone other than Reigns as their top babyface for years now that the negative reaction to him has become a reasonable response. Sucks for Reigns that he has to take the brunt of it almost every night of his life.

Its really retarded his development too. He has great fundamentals and was a really promising talent for years but how's he supposed to improve when everything he does is booed so mercilessly. Of course that's going to cause you to stagnate. Cena managed to mature into one of the top workers of all time in spite of it, but he's a freak of nature.

Fantasy Booking

But given how solid Rollins has been this year and the crowd responding accordingly, I'd go full on with him and do a Champion vs Champion match a Summerslam vs Lesnar with Seth winning (clean as possible) to cement him as 'the man' and a real main event player unlike like since his face turn.

This would lead to Reigns still doing his 'face' thing, winning the rumble and facing Rollins at Mania, loads of backstory to build on, Reigns couldn't beat Lesnar but Rollins did on first try etc, have Roman be like Austin before Mania 17 talking about needing to win type stuff, then at Mania have him cheat to win or fuck it copy end to Mania 17 and have Reigns batter Rollins with a chair to win, then leave his chest protector thing lying on Rollins, putting rest to his shield gear and starting his much needed heel turn.

Next night crowd would be crazy, new music, new gear and look, shitting on the fans, loads of potential matches as a heel too with Ambrose, Balor, ofcourse Rollins getting revenge and a switch in dynamic with Brauuuuun

• Paid Members

Did I hear somewhere that this week Roman said something on Raw about being held down by politics? That should get the fans rallying behind him...

Just to defend him slightly unless you are looking at MMA or a movie career, as a main eventer, there's not much "or else" to use if you want to be bolshy to the back office in these days of a monopoly.

The only way around the negative reaction is to "embrace the hate" - Cena did it by goofing about, Roman for one night only did it "this is my yard now" (fantasy booking: after taker they should have had him go through a legend killer phase but with legends people could get behind booing)

They've absolutely fucked him. Actually insane how they've managed to fuck him up so bad.

He now needs taken off TV for an extended period of time. A surprise return and a fresh look and attitude would do him the world of good.

A heel faction with the Uso's would be really cool.

• Paid Members
On 5/13/2018 at 11:31 PM, courageous said:

Just to defend him slightly unless you are looking at MMA or a movie career, as a main eventer, there's not much "or else" to use if you want to be bolshy to the back office in these days of a monopoly.

The only way around the negative reaction is to "embrace the hate" - Cena did it by goofing about, Roman for one night only did it "this is my yard now" (fantasy booking: after taker they should have had him go through a legend killer phase but with legends people could get behind booing)

Like who though? It's a sad state of affairs but I can't think of any legends that can (a) still go (b) would get heel heat against Reigns or (C) wouldn't feel like a huge step down after him beating Undertaker. There's the likes of Triple H, Big show and Kane I suppose, but that's been done to death.

On the first point: Surely he could just go home? It's not exactly unheard of. If Neville can afford to say "Fuck this" and sit out his contract then Roman definitely can.

Purely based on Joey Janela's Spring Break 2 over Mania weekend, I'd get Quebecer Pierre in. Mental old bastard and hard as fuck. Have him batter the fuck out of a load of jobbers and mid-card lads for a bit first like, to fully establish his craziness. Fuck it, might as well have him beat Lesnar for the belt while we're at it. Then bring Roman back with a fresh coat of paint to sort things out.

• Awards Moderator

Who is Roman Reigns?

A mate of yours pops round while you're watching the WrestleMania main event. Let's ignore the boos for a minute. Your mate asks who Brock Lesnar is. "Oh, he's a legit MMA badass and now he suplexes people around for money." Your mate replies, "OK cool. Who's Roman Reigns?"

"He... used to be in the Shield?"

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Who is Roman Reigns?

"Part of the Family."  I think Bruce Prichard said something along the lines of that when he referred to Umaga once in one of his podcasts.  I would assume it's something to along those lines for Roman.....

Archived