Vince McMahon has never had a good idea.

DavidParis

Vince is like any other successful businessman. He fiund a niche in the market that made his product different and took a huge financial risk. And luckily for him it paid off with Wrestlemania, ppv, weekly tv shows, cross over with mtv, used popular culture at the time and used it in his shows. Expanded to include social media and the wwe network. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With every fibre of my being, I really, really hope Vince's headstone reads: "The Paul Heyman of his day."

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

With every fibre of my being, I really, really hope Vince's headstone reads: "The Paul Heyman of his day."

Amazing. You'd be able to harness the energy from him spinning in it.

• Paid Members

Vince has been very clever at surrounding himself with the people like any boss of a multi million dollar company. 

His greatest idea was to go national after that it’s hard to point to anything and say it was 100% his as it can’t be. Sure he might have the genius to say let’s push hogan but then the people around him make it happen. 

As tome went on his input had been aided more and more by the other staff. 

But to say he’s never had a good idea? Is quite frankly ludicrous. You don’t become a billionaire by being stupid 

Sign of a good business (or in this case business owner) is using the right people in the right places. Vince could never do everything alone but he would be good at having the right people around him, whether its bookers, storylines (creative), talent relations, marketing, 'boys in the back'. Also his voice and stature I would imagine is enough to persuade or deal with situations. 

I think in wrestling you need someone who takes no bullshit, happy to throw shit at the wall hoping it sticks and to keep everyone and everything in check as its full of egos, Vince is that person. I think 

Vince's greatest idea to me was letting everyone else do the dirty work for him and then him picking and choosing what was best for business (taking the phrase or the blame). A good business owner in that sense.

• Paid Members

Coincidentally, before last nights game I watched some of that True Story of Wrestlemania documentary they put out a few years ago. Vince himself rolls his eyes at the notion he's some genius, saying something like "it certainly takes no genius to come up with the concept" talking about either 'Mania and/or the 80s expansion in general, rather (similar to the Carbomb post) it's all about putting in the work and having the smarts to see it through.

It's your big take from that documentary, that while they promote Vince as a visionary (he is), Vince is also keen to stress the amount of graft it takes to pull it all off. For all the talk of "luck" he's had along the way, it's not like he's not worked hard for things to click into place, which is surely not coincidental.

Vince is a genius at making the sheep, "love" his shitty brand of wrestling.

Now, I, on the other hand, am an enlightened gentleman, I only watch the finer wrestling. If ROH/NJPW/AAA is an ITV drama, Then WWE is cartoon network, fun for the kiddies and men who wish to be kids, but for the adults....retarded and childish.

9 hours ago, TheTonetta said:

Now, I, on the other hand, am an enlightened gentleman, I only watch the finer wrestling. If ROH/NJPW/AAA is an ITV drama, Then WWE is cartoon network, fun for the kiddies and men who wish to be kids, but for the adults....retarded and childish.

Enlightened? Gentleman? Being contradictory there son by using the terms sheep, shitty and retarded.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Enlightened? Gentleman? Being contradictory there son by using the terms sheep, shitty and retarded.

Not to mention trying claim ROH spotfest shite is "finer wrestling". 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, TheTonetta said:

get-a-load-of-this-guy-gif-8.gif

Archived