If you could bring back a TV show

Gus Mears

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Don't be ashamed, we all wanted to be Joey Lawrence back in the day.

Aren't Netflix meant to be bringing Sabrina back but a lot darker like Riverdale?

I'm sure it's by the same people as Riverdale, the Sabrina comic it's based on is a part of Archie Comics' recent horror imprint. I'm kinda tempted to read Vampironica.. it's just V living as vampire. There's also a werewolf Jughead comic.

• Paid Members

I listened to an interview with Skinner on the 90s football podcast and he said how FFL worked he cant imagine it today. They had a pretty extensive crew all over Europe looking out for something silly in a match. Like a substitute having a piss or a Sunday League player headbutting a referee (WAWuk.com), but you just long onto youtube or twitter these days. "Footy Bantz" is pretty instant these days.

I quite liked the skits and the interviews, although the later ones (the ITV years relied more heavily on clips. It was shite when it went to ITV. To many fuck ups. Especially in the last series, where Skinner genuinely looked pissed off everytime they'd go to a link and it wouldnt be lined up. Still really good to watch them back though. All of the episodes are on Youtube. Nick Hancock saying to Alan Hanson "I'll give you 50 quid if, on Match of the Day, you say 'David Mellor's a complete cunt" was amazing.

Knightmare

b599db78b71524f00569cb165e370132.jpg Loved this show when I was a kid, there’s still a few episodes on YouTube that I watch when I’m bored just for a laugh.

Treguard needs to return

Gamesmaster

I understand why this show wouldn’t do well now with there being various let’s plays on YouTube and with it practically being a children’s show the amount of adult humour I never noticed back then always gets a laugh out of me but fuck it I wanna see Dominic Diamond on my tele once again

“AND ON THAT BOMBSHELL”

gamesperryr.png

• Awards Moderator

Points of View, but only if people have to still send an actual letter in for a moan. Emails and tweets are too easy. It'd be great in the current climate, making people walk to the Post Office to share their bigotry on the telly.

"Why, oh why, oh why are there so many brown people with jobs in soap operas? Not a real portrayal of 2018 Britain!" Gary, Rochdale.

Brian Dowling to present.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

@tiger_rick might be able to help. 

Cheers Keith but then I would have to give Rick my address which how my paranoid mind works would mean potentially people on here could have my address and would cause me trouble, I know I am probably over thinking about it but cheers for the suggestion.

• Paid Members

Black Books and Green Wing, without a sodding doubt. These two shows mark the end-game of British comedy for me, as most British sitcoms made after the final episode of Green Wing have been trash.It was around this time I discovered the joys of American comedy.

I would also commission a 'Where Are They Now?' mockumentary for Father Ted, seeing how all the characters are getting on these days after the deaths of Father Ted  and Father Jack.

• Awards Moderator

The man himself said it was far too much work, but I really miss TV Burp. So many times I see something on telly and want to see it poked fun at in their own way.

Come back Harry. Stop wasting your time at Sky. 

• Paid Members

Don't Forget Your Toothbrush is one I'd like to see return even if it was only a once off, but I'm struggling to think that if Chris Evans wasn't available who then could host it. None of the current regular quiz panel show circuit comedians really stand out in a similar way to Evans' style of presenting in the 90's.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

The man himself said it was far too much work, but I really miss TV Burp. So many times I see something on telly and want to see it poked fun at in their own way.

Come back Harry. Stop wasting your time at Sky. 

Likewise. I've watched so many reruns of it on Now TV, and it's just my absolute favourite bit of lazy TV to stick on while I'm not paying too much attention.

Somewhat similarly, any variation of Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Likewise. I've watched so many reruns of it on Now TV, and it's just my absolute favourite bit of lazy TV to stick on while I'm not paying too much attention.

Somewhat similarly, any variation of Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe.

I was just about to pipe up with Screenwipe in response to Onyx2. I liked Burp but I felt that Screenwipe was always my go-to 'take the piss outta the telly' show. I'm all in on this new 'Golden Age Of Television' (even though I only watch 0.01% of it) but all I want from Brooker is another weekly ScreenWipe show instead of his homage to the Twilight Zone.

• Paid Members

Great shout for TV Burp. It's not clever, it's fucking stupid, but I can't deny that a Harry Hill sidewards glance whilst pulling a face is a guilty pleasure of mine. He also makes You've Been Framed much more watchable with his commentary than Lisa Riley ever did.

• Moderators

Until Harry Hill started on YBF I could only watch it with the sound off and the stereo on; the audio was unbearable.

Of course it also became much less necessary to watch after YouTube took off, so I think Harry was a big part of me continuing to bother with it at all.

Archived