UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs Till - May 27

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

I cant recall another fight where theres been so many pre-fight packages made with a new first time headliner. Maybe its because its because BT and BBC are hopping on the British fighter hype train and we are noticing it as Brits, but theres undeniable buzz surrounding Darren Till. 

Indeed. BBC have slowly but surely been jumping on the UFC train ever since McGregor became an undeniable crossover star, which seemed to come out of nowhere for some. I get the feeling some of the more mainstream outlets still don't really get MMA ("cage fighting" and that), but they don't want to seem out of touch or clueless so are happily going along with the Till hype.

I still maintain this is about as hard a contest as you can give Till, which could be borderline fooling considering he's only just starting to 'click' with the public. If he wins then the gamble will surely have incredible reward for Till and the UFC - and British MMA; a young legit elite fighter is British, ffs.

• Paid Members

I might put five shekels down on Wonderboy too.

Of course, now that I'm betting on it, Till will win. So maybe I should put ten on him as well.

Till still hasn’t weighed in and the cut off time was 11am, I’ve got a feeling this fights gonna be canned. 

Edit: hes now been given an extra hour to weigh in due to a family emergency.

EditEdit: Till weighs in at 174.5

Got on a flight from Southampton to Manchester as I'm going to the show tomorrow, in the 45 mins I was in the air the entire card suddenly became up in the air. Ironic. Not a clue what's going on here. 

Till and McCann miss weight, a few media sources saying wonderboy to possibly not take the fight? I think the fact he’s travelled from US and made weight that he’ll just want to get on with it, if you look at Mackenzie dern missing weight by a huge amount and Amanda cooper still accepted the fight

Archived