UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs Till - May 27

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I think nail on the head with the Bellew comparison.

His whole "Do what you want to me, but don't disrespect my childhood dream. I won't have that" nearly wrote me off. So weird. I reckon a bit more spotlight and Till could provide some real entertainment outside the cage.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep - he's had surgery. Thats a shame, was looking forward to that scrap.  Lets just hope the main stays together! 

Most top WWs are tied up with fights now aren't they? Wonder who they will draft in.  I think of top 15 guys they only have Alex Oliveira, Jorge Masvidal and Donh Hyun Kim not booked or out injured.  

• Paid Members

Oliveira already stepped in last minute against Condit a few weeks back. He's nuts enough that I could see him jumping in again but you have to assume he's off the list. 

Masvidal or Stun Gun would be good. But I can't see it for some reason. He'll probably get a lower ranked guy now. Show's only a few weeks away. 

2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Masvidal or Stun Gun would be good. But I can't see it for some reason. He'll probably get a lower ranked guy now. Show's only a few weeks away. 

Apparently Masvidal (or his manager) has asked for the fight against Neil Magny, but at a 180-pound catchweight.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got round to watching Till's fight with Cerrone over the weekend. I liked what I saw. He fights with a lot of self-belief. In that regard, he reminds me of a young Conor McGregor. 

Thompson is a tall ask for him though. While Woodley proved to be the better fighter of the two during their two-fight series, Thompson demonstrated that he has the game to beat Woodley on the right night. He gave Woodley a lot of issues in their first fight, and demonstrated a great deal of heart along the way. Of course, their second fight was a complete dud, and ruined any idea of a trilogy between the two. But still, Thompson is nobody's fool. His resume overall is very impressive (although I don't remember his fight with Rory at all). 

Logic says that this is too soon for Till, and that Thompson will be victorious. However, based on nothing other than intuition, I am leaning towards a Till victory. Therefore, I am going to go with Till via TKO. 

Grant Vs Bermudez is off due to Grant having a staph infection.

Wasnt looking forward to this until watch this Till documentary that BT Sport uploaded a few days ago.

I was adamant that Thompson would win but I’m changing my mind to Till by Decision.

• Paid Members

I cant recall another fight where theres been so many pre-fight packages made with a new first time headliner. Maybe its because its because BT and BBC are hopping on the British fighter hype train and we are noticing it as Brits, but theres undeniable buzz surrounding Darren Till. 

Archived