The Ultimate Fighter - Undefeated

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

So here's the thread, its pretty much bare bones because i literally nothing in other than the coaches are DC and Stipe and every fighter involved is undefeated. Im gonna see this one out...

i have no idea when this is being aired in the UK, so if anyone know fill us in. Episode 1 is floating around online now though.

image001.png

• Paid Members

I think the first episode first showing was on early hours this morning. I Sky+d it, haven't checked if it's recorded yet and fuck knows when I'll get round to watching it. If it's the same as the last few TUFs then it'll be repeated tonight at 9 or 10ish. 

• Paid Members

Had this on in the background earlier. Looks decent enough and I thought both Stipe and DC came off well. Nice to see Cain pop up as well. Too early to read much into the fighters yet. 

Can't help thinking that DC/AKA's mega hard training practices are going to hinder his team as the season progresses. I get why he's doing it because it's all he knows and it's worked for him. But especially in a tournament setting like this where the guys are going to have to fight a few times in a matter of weeks, it could bite them in the arse. We'll see. 

Fight was short and sweet this week. Thought that Gianetti looked really good from the little bit we got to see. Striking looked sharp and that choke finish was ruthless. Early days obviously but he reminded me a bit of a early Carlos Condit. Felt bad for the weird moustached guy who's name I've already forgotten. He seems a nice enough bloke and that was a shitty way to suffer your first loss, on a UFC TV show, in front of Dana and Stipe and DC, waking up asking what happened. 

Everyone banging on about 'undefeated' this and 'undefeated' that all the time in the first half of the episode got annoying pretty fast. I know it's the theme of the season but fuck me, there was a spell of about 10 minutes where it felt like not one sentence was uttered without the word 'undefeated' in there. We get it. 

Clips at the end look interesting but they always do and it rarely keeps me watching for the long haul. 

I'm in. For the time being anyway. 

Yeah, it was a decent opening show, and I really did feel for the dude with the moustache as he seemed like a cool character. He shears Alpacas or something for a living, and lives in his car. The kind of guy who would probably have been successful on TUF 1 or 2, but you can't really live and train that way these days and still be successful.

Let's see how it unfolds.

11 hours ago, BigJag said:

Enjoyed the first episode. Greg Hardy is a former NFL player, with a bit of a controversial past. From the looks of the clips they've shown. He's going to be the centre of some attention in the house.

Greg Hardy isn't in it, he's on the next season of Dana Whites Contender Series, same with Valentina Shlememkos sister. 

TUF is played out right now but I think it could be brought back after say a 2 year break they are bringing back The Contender in Epic a premium US Network, was watching the top 10 fighters from TUF and even now they are still bringing in the odd top contenders, I had no idea Usman was on it, names like Hall & Gastalem ring out.  The Flyweight & Straweight women's ones were obviously going to fill out the divisions and create a champion (at Straweight it's 2 champions after Rose beat joanna) and the men's flyweight was going to fill out the men's top 15 with some contenders but Mighty Mouse was always going to be too good for the winner.

Dana Whites contenders series, should replace it on their next TV deal. The idea is much fresher on peoples minds.

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed ep 2. They somehow got me invested in the fight which is a rare occurrence with TUF these days. Really liking this Superman dude. Has a fun personality about him. I'd like to see him go all the way. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just watched episode 4. They're all on YouTube if anyone is looking for them.

Really surprised at the way Bryce was able control and dominate Cucciniello. I was really expecting it to be the other way around. Bryce is a fun and interesting character. He made his own bow this episode.

Luis having to bow out was a shame. He managed to have a word in Dana's ear, and seems to have booked a spot on the Finale.

It's an enjoyable series. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

couple of fighters campaigning for the Roy Nelson fight in Bellator on Friday. Chi Lewis-Parry and Tony Lopez have bunged their names in the hat. Nelson is in London already. Id be well up for the Parry fight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone still watching this? 

This week's was very enjoyable. I've been waiting all season for Dulani Perry to get humbled. He's talked so much shite right from the start. All he ever does is bang on about money and call the others "broke" and "bums". That's it. That's his whole schtick. Nothing original. Nothing intelligent. This week he was saying Conor McGregor is boring compared to him, which is comical considering he's basically doing the same schtick as McGregor only much shitter. He's like a pound shop McGregor minus the actual money or success. Then he said that not only will he never lose...it's IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to beat him. Because at a whopping 4-0 at 32 years old, clearly he's the best ever. 

And what ends up happening? He gets fucking dominated start to finish. Taken down, beaten up, knocked down, taken down some more, beaten up some more, totally demoralised, then taps to a guillotine as soon as it's applied. 

Don't even really like Tyler Diamond but he was the babyface by default here opposite that knob. 

• Paid Members

I genuinely can't remember anything he's said or done in any episode. DC's been more vocal, as you'd expect, but even he hasn't been as big a part of the show as you'd think. There's just nothing there to sink your teeth into with Stipe and DC as coaches. The fight should still be great regardless but there's been nothing memorable between them on this show so far. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived