UFC 225: Whittaker vs Romero 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My favourite thing about all this is that whatever extra eyeballs this PPV gets due to the Punk Factor, it serves to benefit the profile of the real fighters there. Whittaker and Romero both deserve the spotlight, and they'll get it from whatever casuals/WWE fans give this a shot. Same with Dos Anjos. No doubt Covington will look to benefit too, but I'm hoping RDA unloads a 30 punch combo on the jackass and leaves him in the foetal position.

It's really an exceptional card top to bottom though. Glad they're finally doing something in the women's featherweight division without Cyborg. I haven't seen Megan Anderson fight before, but I already don't like her based on her social media activity. She talked unbelievable amounts of smack about facing Cyborg, got booked in the fight and withdrew about 3 days later for "personal reasons". Then Cyborg called her out for a fight on home soil in Australia, and instead of at least trying to stir some interest in it, Anderson immediately refuted it and said she wasn't offered it. Even if she hadn't, surely the smart thing would have been to angle for the fight, especially in such a high profile spot for her debut. And then she continued to post selfies and talk despite having not fought since Jan 2017. It was reminiscent of McGregor's Instagram posts. So, Megan Anderson joins Bec Rawlings on my list of "Aussie fighters I don't like". And don't get it twisted, it's not some vendetta against Australian women- I adore Jessy Jess- but the amount of ego apparent in Anderson's posts, when she's been out of action for a year and a half by the time this fight with Holm happens, is extremely off-putting. Even if she does well and wins the debut in impressive fashion, she's going to be a hard fighter for me to like, I think.

Overeem vs. Blaydes and Arlovski vs. Tuivasa... two heavyweight scraps that I'm anticipating heavily. Benavidez/Pettis, Gadelha/Esparza, Lamas/Bektic... it's all mouth-watering stuff. UFC can take my money for this one!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I’m seeing a lot of people complaining that CM Punk is on the poster. It boggles the mind. 

Yeah, even as indifferent to this second Punk fight as I am, they'd have been idiots to not put him on the poster. I don't know why anyone would've expected them not to. It's reactions like that which make me wish they named the show 'UFC 225: CM Punk returns...with support from Whittaker and Romero'. 

• Paid Members

In fairness to Colby, I genuinely don't think there will be a more satisfying beating than what I suspect RDA is about to unleash on Colby. He's a try hard tit, but I'm into seeing him getting butchered by someone of RDA's ability.

I truly hope CM Punk pulls this off and gets a win. We've not really seen or heard too much of about him, outside of some shoddy bag work (date unknown) and Rufus saying he's "200% better". Standards and expectations are so low for Punk, but he is in there against someone nobody really knows much about, so it's impossible to know what we're getting. UFC have supposedly scraped the bottom of barrel for Punk for this.

It's also worth noting he's supposedly balls deep in his lawsuit, with it apparently going to trial in a few weeks. Not ideal if you're in a fight camp, obviously. Even if you lose the fight because you're not very good.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

What lawsuit's that? 

As for Covington, I just want him to go away now. He's like a male Angela Magana. Except worse because, unlike old Vinegar Tits, Covington is skilled enough to win fights and stick around. But I just want him gone. He's usually dull as shite bell to bell and I don't find his schtick entertaining at all. People compare him to Chael but Chael was genuinely great at generating interest in his fights in his day. Covington is just a cunt. I get that he's got some people more invested but for me personally, I cringe every time I see or hear or read him and I'd really like it if he just fucked off down a ditch never to be seen again.

If the UFC announced tonight that Dos Anjos vs Convington was off as Covington has been abducted by aliens then 1) it'd be the most entertaining thing Colby has ever been involved with and 2) I wouldn't miss him or be disappointed about the fight not happening at all. I honestly mean that. He's a gobshite. And the worst kind of gobshite. A boring gobshite. Like Jake Shields with Tourette's. 

• 2 weeks later...