Andre the Giant documentary

Arthur B. Funky

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 13/04/2018 at 3:27 PM, mrtrickio said:

Thanks for posting that. We've all read and seen a lot of Andre over the years. This documentary brings all that together and adds even more to the story of an extraordinary person. 

On 13/04/2018 at 8:17 AM, boytoy said:

Slightly pedantic but the the Flair one was by ESPN under their 30 for 30 series which was created by the sports writer Bill Simmons who also ran the ESPN site Grantland (which was ace). After Simmons got fired a couple of years ago from ESPN for frequently criticising NFL commissioner Roger Goodell he started a new website and signed up with HBO. The Andre documentary is the one he has been wanting to get made for years and I think that is the first one in that partnership.

His current website actually produces some pretty good wrestling content, aimed largely at a sports rather than a wrestling crowd. This article on Taker recently is quite a good read for example: https://www.theringer.com/2018/4/4/17195692/undertaker-career-wrestlemania-wwe-wrestling-streak

Simmons talks about it on his podcast how it’s basically a 30 for 30 as it’s the same format they used when he was involved with them!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Caught this on Sky On Demand last week. Held my interest but there weren't any groundbreaking revelations. A massive and complex man medicating with booze to deal with constant pain - that we knew. It's a shame we don't have archive footage of Heenan speaking candidly about him, as I think his would have been a noteworthy contribution

It would depend on whether they agreed to shared rights or not. It does say in the opening credits ‘In Association with WWE’ and Kevin Dunn is credited as an Executive Producer, so it would all depend on what arrangements were made. I doubt that it will end up on the network, but that’s not to say it won’t. If it ever does, I can’t imagine it will be any time soon. It’s on Sky Atlantic again this Wednesday at 10:10pm for anyone that missed it or does have access to OnDemand.

I liked it for the most part, particularly looking at his early career. The only issue that I had with it was that it seemed to get hijacked by Hull Hogan for about 10 minutes in the middle. Obviously I knew that they would cover Hogan/Wrestlemania 3, it just seemed like the focus went completely away from Andre for a bit in his own documentary

• Paid Members

Nothing new information wise, but enjoyed some of the clips i’d not seen before, and Flair giggling about the size of Andre’s cock.

Really enjoyed it. 

Shame Andre elected not to have the op to tame his growth disorder. 

Only bit I found off was vinces 'I can erase negativity experienced' as the reason he can't remember the details of the fallout  yet on his spats with hogan, warrior and Brent he remembered every detail to the letter 

Archived