So, this mental Saudi event coming up...

David

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

When was the last Casket match on TV or PPV? Undertaker v Mark Henry at WM22?

Wiki says there was a random one on Smackdown in 2015 between Daniel Bryan and Kane

The Last Undertaker one was against The Big Show at Survivor Series 2008

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"And we want a Royal Rumble on the show!"

"No problem."

"The greatest Royal Rumble! With fifty men!"

"Okay, sure. Whatever you want, since it's only a-"

"Make sure you call it that. The Greatest Royal Rumble."

"Greatest Royal Rumble, yes, got it."

"With every championship defended!"

"All nine titles on the line..."

"But no women of course."

"All seven titles on the line..."

"And your two most famous names fighting!"

"Triple H and John Cena?"

"Yes! For no reason!"

"Triple H vs John Cena, sure, why not. Again, it's only a hou-"

"And the whole world will know about this greatest show, here in Saudi Arabia!"

"Y-yeah... we can work something out."

Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Surely you can't have Summerslam in Saudi Arabia. Everyone knows you can't have major sports events in the middle east in the summer. It's far to hot. 

It's not far off 40 degrees there just now. There's a 10,000 seater indoor hall that I think they may be using for this, unless they're running with the 60,000 seater outdoor stadium?

Just now, BomberPat said:

I don't think we'll see a "proper" major PPV there - between the time difference, and the Saudi weekend being Friday-Saturday rather than Saturday-Sunday potentially affecting the timing of any such show, I don't think it's too likely. I assume we'll just get big shows like this one - hopefully not a Rumble every time, though, particularly as there doesn't seem to be any indication that the winner of the Rumble actually gets anything for it.

It really depends on what the deal between both parties says. The fact that The Undertaker is appearing at this so soon after 'Mania when he normally fucks off for a year tells me that these guys are throwing down some serious cash.

7 minutes ago, David said:

It's not far off 40 degrees there just now. There's a 10,000 seater indoor hall that I think they may be using for this, unless they're running with the 60,000 seater outdoor stadium?

When they mentioned it on commentary this week that it was 60,000 capacity 

• Paid Members

Booking Taker against Rusev is ludicrously tone deaf. Unless Saudi Arabia hates Bulgaria for reasons I'm not aware of.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Booking Taker against Rusev is ludicrously tone deaf. Unless Saudi Arabia hates Bulgaria for reasons I'm not aware of.

In the eyes of the top brass Rusev is an expendable safe pair of hands so it makes sense really. I imagine the match will last 5 minutes and Rusev will get 2 moves in.

28 minutes ago, air_raid said:

To a normal WWE audience yes, however I reckon the Saudi's will cheer and boo exactly who the WWE want them to.

Why else is Reigns winning the title here?

59 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Rusev is an expendable safe pair of hands

Good job they didn't go when Eddie Guerrero was alive, poor fucker wouldn't be a safe pair of hands after lying, cheating and stealing his way to a win.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

In the eyes of the top brass Rusev is an expendable safe pair of hands so it makes sense really. I imagine the match will last 5 minutes and Rusev will get 2 moves in.

He's only getting the two moves so Taker can get his sit-up in as well.

Archived