80s Bangers

bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Stop shitting up the thread Sphinx. You came, you posted one of the most stupid posts in the history of the UKFF, and for some reason you now can't just leave it alone.

Moving on....

Fresh out of Abba and with her post-divorce haircut, Anni-Frid teamed up with Phil Collins, gave herself a cool single name and embraced the 80s full on.

Soundtrack to my local youth club, right there.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Stop shitting up the thread Sphinx. You came, you posted one of the most stupid posts in the history of the UKFF, and for some reason you now can't just leave it alone.

Nah, you're right. Me not responding to Devon having a go at my first post and then actually contributing two songs to the thread before Devon brought it up again constitutes me not being able to leave it alone.

I'm shocked that someone with a username of Nostalgia Nonce thinks that me saying I'm not a big fan of the 80s is up there with the guy who wanted to exchange his shoes whilst wearing them in the shop as one of the most stupid posts in the history of the UKFF.

I'm happy to leave it there and realise maybe it was a comment for a different thread (me seeing it as an 80s music thread) if you are.

• Paid Members

You can't get more 80s that Mike Oldfield wearing a Panama Hat and Jon Anderson wearing some sort of Razor Ramon suit that doesn't suit him. From 1985, this is Mike Oldfield & Jon Anderson with "Shine"..

Love that Frida song from a few posts back too!

On 27/03/2018 at 8:07 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Any song that makes me think of Crocodile Dundee makes me smile. Being a man in a van I naturally only listen to either Talkshite or classic hits so this gets a blast at least a few times a week and it's only the other week I realised how rapey the lyrics are. It's tailor made for that terrible real life scene Gatso tried to relay on here to terrible effect.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

You can't get more 80s that Mike Oldfield wearing a Panama Hat and Jon Anderson wearing some sort of Razor Ramon suit that doesn't suit him. From 1985, this is Mike Oldfield & Jon Anderson with "Shine"..

Love that Frida song from a few posts back too!

Whoa, how did I miss this?! I'm a big Mike Oldfield fan, and I've never heard of this. Thanks for that, bAz.

It's like Bobby Hatfield's been dragged off the set of the Unchained Melody video and is now trying to fit in with an '80s crowd while Bill and Ted go back for Socraits and Napoleon.

• Paid Members

Quite literally the only song that makes me subscribe to that old cliché, "memories of school discos."

Archived