Wife is away tomorrow, recommend me some wrestling

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Thanks also guys. Shattered my ankle so stuck in hospital till at least Tuesday and this will help pass some for me!

Good luck with that. I decided to do a Monday Night Wars watch through when I broke my leg (I've never actually gone back and watched each Raw and Nitro from the period so have only seen what I saw at the time and then the same clips they replay over and over), in conjunction with the SCG podcast. I didn't get past Fall Brawl 95, though. Although it does have a good Flair vs Arn match and I always enjoy Wargames even if it features the fucking Dungeon of Doom. There's just so much shit in 1995, I'll have to get back to it and plough through some time. 

1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Good luck with that. I decided to do a Monday Night Wars watch through when I broke my leg (I've never actually gone back and watched each Raw and Nitro from the period so have only seen what I saw at the time and then the same clips they replay over and over), in conjunction with the SCG podcast. I didn't get past Fall Brawl 95, though. Although it does have a good Flair vs Arn match and I always enjoy Wargames even if it features the fucking Dungeon of Doom. There's just so much shit in 1995, I'll have to get back to it and plough through some time. 

I've tried watching Nitros and WCW PPVs from the first episode and got to somewhere in early 96.

I tried watching Raw and PPVs from the first episode and I think I gave up and just watched the PPVs in the end. It had some right tripe on there.

However, I've started watching Raws and PPVs from the start of 96 and it seems to be a good place to start. You have Austin and Foley coming in early on, Triple H is an established part of the show and the Rumble is a good PPV to start on. I don't think I could also watch WCW - and WWF is easier to watch for me anyway. Things like the Dungeon of Doom and the absolute lack of advertising for Starrcade did me in.

8 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Rumble 92 is over-rated as a whole but Flair's performance is great. I'd choose 90 and 91 over it as something to watch.

If you're going Rumbles, then 90, 2001, 2002 and this year's would be my go-to.

Do you not rate the 2004 Rumble? I find that one tremendously under-rated. It's class, a few cracking spots/angles and constant intertwining story threads running throughout. Not a dull moment.

To the OP, if Bret Hart is your guy you can't go wrong with King of the Ring '93. I'm sure you've seen it, but three awesome, completely different from each other matches from Bret. Probably the best KOTR tournament of the lot and one of the finest individual performances of a show ever with The Hitman.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Do you not rate the 2004 Rumble? I find that one tremendously under-rated. It's class, a few cracking spots/angles and constant intertwining story threads running throughout. Not a dull moment.

I do, it's class. It's just you know, Benoit. Only reason I didn't recommend it.

Archived