2x weekend tickets GIVEAWAY - For the Love of Wrestling

Kaz Hayashi

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Repeating what others have said but this looks like a massive amount of fun. If I didn't have work the next day I'd definitelyĀ be considering making a visit. Best of luck!

• Awards Moderator

Managed to get along to the first hour of this and it was great fun! Nicely done Kaz - just a great opportunity to play an old favourite game again. Even the loading screens bring back nostalgic memories.

My record:

Won 1 (beat Kaz himself in a Hell in a Cell match, I was Chyna, he was Boss Man)

Lost 1 (Steve Blackman was defeated in a Hardcore match by Paul Bearer)

Drew 1 (because neither of us knew how to pin on WrestleMania 2000)

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

My record:

Won 1 (beat Kaz himself in a Hell in a Cell match, I was Chyna, he was Boss Man)

Firstly, my memory tells me that I had to deal with something, so had to pass the controller on to a replacement 80% of the way through the match.Ā I lost nothing damn you!!!

10 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

@HarmonicGeneratorĀ - another victim of 50/50 booking.

To be fair, he was going to be our headline act to bring the punters in, but was relegated to midcarder when Maffew from botchamania turned up. At that point, we just didnā€™t have anything for him.

But seriously, really appreciate you coming along HG. As mentioned, I need to reflect on what did/didnā€™t work and go from there.

• Awards Moderator
38 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Firstly, my memory tells me that I had to deal with something, so had to pass the controller on to a replacement 80% of the way through the match.Ā I lost nothing damn you!!!

That's as may be, but I seem to recall you hitting two Boss Man Slams in the opening minutes and not keeping me down for even a 1-count,Ā I think we know the clear winner here! Treat me for just who and what I am.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

That's as may be, but I seem to recall you hitting two Boss Man Slams in the opening minutes and not keeping me down for even a 1-count,Ā I think we know the clear winner here! Treat me for just who and what I am.

Iā€™ll give you that.

There were some brilliant one liners I over heard last night. My wife was having a shot on Smackdown 2 on PS1 and she just said, ā€œwhereā€™s AwesomeĀ Kong?ā€ No idea where that came from, I think sheā€™s probably watched a 20 mins of wrestling in her life.

Then in response I heardĀ a complete random saying, ā€œjust use Visceraā€... I mean, fuckin hell.

Another convo I heard was about Hogan marrying himself so he wouldnā€™t lose anymore of his money in divorce proceedings. But only if the faces of Ed Leslie were all of his best men.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

HUUUUUGGGEEE UPDATE.

Right, Iā€™ll update properly on the weekend but Iā€™m buzzing about some news Iā€™ve had.

1) Weā€™ve been invited to set up Grapple Arcade at Ryton Retro (Debuting large arcade event in the N.E)

2) Weā€™ve been invited to set up Grapple Arcade at NERG, (Massive arcade event in the N.E)Ā 

3) The 2nd eventĀ for Grapple Arcade in the craft bar has been decided.

4) In talks with a national gaming event (Iā€™m overwhelmed)

5) Weā€™ve just agreedĀ terms with a brewery who will be creating a Grapple Arcade craft ale.

Its been a good day!

(I need to stop saying ā€˜weā€™, itā€™s become a habit, itā€™s just me, so might need to do something about that at this rate).

Archived