Planning Wrestlemania 2019

kostan

49 minutes ago, Grecian said:

Dilemma for saturday evening...:

I'm booked for Axxess between 1-5pm on the Saturday. I'm planning on getting there early, to hit the Superstore and get in the queue. Once I'm done, do I...:

Go to the Hall of Fame

Or try and get over to New Jersey for 7pm and watch the Red Bulls play in the MLS?

Anyone know how easy it would be to get to the MLS game, or shall I just go and watch Beefcake and Torrie get inducted?

It's doable but, what with Axxess being so far away and presuming you'll take the shuttle bus back to the Barclay's for the subway, it'll push you for time. Once on the subway (at Atlantic Ave) you can go to Penn Station where the NJ Transit serves the Red Bull Arena (well, there or there abouts).

I'm trying to get rid of my two HOF tickets too. I got them in the travel package but, what with me being here with my semi-intetested girlfriend, I'll think she'll be bored to death. Looking on Stubhub tickets are as low as 12usd so I've pretty much accepted that I'll have to take a hit there. 

Are any UKFFers wanting two tickets to Raw?? Again, got them through the package but seriously tempted to sack it off in favour of Muse at MSG. Let me know if you're interested...I'm staying at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. 

Spotted a few wrestlers yesterday. Lince Dorado and Kalisto were doing a spot of shopping in Foot Locker and were both really cool. Dorado was even carrying his mask with him...you know, just in case. Then, a few minutes later, saw Enzo Amore interviewing fans. Grabbed a pic and he interviewed my girlfriend and I telling us how bad European food is. Strange fella. 

1 hour ago, forestblue said:

It's doable but, what with Axxess being so far away and presuming you'll take the shuttle bus back to the Barclay's for the subway, it'll push you for time. Once on the subway (at Atlantic Ave) you can go to Penn Station where the NJ Transit serves the Red Bull Arena (well, there or there abouts).

I'm trying to get rid of my two HOF tickets too. I got them in the travel package but, what with me being here with my semi-intetested girlfriend, I'll think she'll be bored to death. Looking on Stubhub tickets are as low as 12usd so I've pretty much accepted that I'll have to take a hit there. 

Are any UKFFers wanting two tickets to Raw?? Again, got them through the package but seriously tempted to sack it off in favour of Muse at MSG. Let me know if you're interested...I'm staying at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. 

Spotted a few wrestlers yesterday. Lince Dorado and Kalisto were doing a spot of shopping in Foot Locker and were both really cool. Dorado was even carrying his mask with him...you know, just in case. Then, a few minutes later, saw Enzo Amore interviewing fans. Grabbed a pic and he interviewed my girlfriend and I telling us how bad European food is. Strange fella. 

I'm flying out tomorrow and staying at the Marriott how is it? 

27 minutes ago, dopper said:

I stayed there in 2015.

Really nice and in a perfect location, the only complaint was the prices in the restaurant. But it’s quite fancy in there.

Ahh I'm with 2 mates who want to shop so I don't think I'll be in there at all! Glad to hear it's nice though! 

Getting a wee bit excited now to be fair! First Wrestlemania and all that....

3 hours ago, forestblue said:

Awesome  - I'd forgotten about StubHub! Just bought a decent seat for nowhere near the face value. Hall of Fame, here I come!

53 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Does the WWE superstore have anything that’s not on the website? It’s an absolute arsehole to get to by subway so I’m gonna have to get an Uber. I don’t want to be filled with disappointment on arrival!

The superstore always has a host of weird and wonderful stuff.  Some you will find on the website but also a vast amount that you won't.

I've had a few great days in Manhattan, now relocated over to Jersey City.  Beautiful here on the waterfront overlooking Manhattan.

• Awards Moderator

I'm not there (boo) but I just lifted this post by an Uber driver off reddit, looked useful for you lot. 

If you are coming from out of town for WrestleMania and are planning to use a rideshare service to get around, here are some things you should be aware of...

1) Uber trips that originate in NYC (this includes Brooklyn) can be at least 2x more expensive than rides originating in Jersey. So if you are staying in NJ and planning to go to the Barclays shows, be aware that your return trip with Uber will be very expensive.

An alternate option would be taking the 2 Subway line from Barclays to Christopher Street and take the PATH train into NJ (Hoboken), and get your Uber there. Note, the 2 line only stops st Christopher Street during late nights, so check the MTA website.

2) New Jersey Uber drivers do not like going into Brooklyn (or Queens, and the East Side of Manhattan). Jersey Uber drivers can't pick up in NYC, so it is dead and lost time getting back across the river to get more business. Be prepared for pushback, and make sure to properly compensate your driver if you're getting a base ride. It's $15 in tolls to cross the river.

The good news: there are a lot of NYC uber drivers that roam North Jersey near Jersey City and MetLife stadium that will be more willing to give you rides there. The difference is the LICENSE PLATE.

A NJ uber driver will have six letters/numbers in his plate. WWE-469 or something like that.

A NYC Uber driver will start with a T and then only numbers, so T420469.

3) Be prepared for high surge leaving MetLife Sunday night. Uber's will meet you in LOT E at MetLife. You should leave through the Verizon Gate, which is near sections 129-133.

There will also be NJTransit trains running. They will run for an hour after Mania. They can take you to Secaucus (which will have trains back to NYC) and Hoboken.

If you want to AMA me about getting around New Jersey, I'm here to help. I can also assist with Hoboken, Jersey City, East Rutherford, and the Jersey Shore.

• Paid Members

Quite nippy in Times Square, feels like home! 

Is NXT Takeover actually starting at 6:15 as shown on the ticket? Or does it include a pre show of some sort?

Edited by Murtz

Just arrived in Times Square after being stuck at customs at EWR for almost 3 hours. Hundreds of people waiting and only 1 desk open.

So far I've witnessed a crime, almost been ran over and been given a special discount at 7-11 just for being "good English man, yes!"

Still, the wrestling's on tomorrow, so onwards and upwards.

3 hours ago, Murtz said:

Quite nippy in Times Square, feels like home! 

Is NXT Takeover actually starting at 6:15 as shown on the ticket? Or does it include a pre show of some sort?

Pre show starts at 6.15.  Aliyah v LeRae and Street Profits v Aichner & Barthel.  Possibility but unlikely one other match.

Madison Square Garden

Blue sky and it was warm during the day. NHL was fun. Rangers got their asses beat. Lots of Wrestling fans flocking around.

Wrestlecon | Nature Boy

WrestleCon Supershow Tonight was cool. Fun Crowd. Classy Ballroom @ Times Square Hilton. They didn’t announce much before the show. We were surprised with a Ric Flair/Road Warrior in ring promo. Big ‘shock-pop’.

We also got Tajiri, Jushin Liger, X-PAC and  Hurricane Helms in action. Plus Pentagon Jr vs Fenix and Ospreay vs Bandito.

NXT Tomorrow

Edited by LWOLeN

• Paid Members

Love these live and in person posts. Keep them coming. Even if I never make it myself it helps the excitement of the weekend along. I hope you all have a cracking time. It sounds mental how much you can do.

19 minutes ago, Ted said:

Does anyone know if you can take bags into the shows at Barclays centre?  Mania & Axxess both have clear bag policies but I haven’t seen anything about restrictions at Barclays centre.

https://www.barclayscenter.com/news/detail/barclays-center-backpackbag-policy-update

You can but it’s more awkward/longer.